Mazda 3 SP23 Bose system question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by this, Feb 28, 2005.

1. this

this Guest

I ordered a Mazda 2 SP3 recently and it comes with a Bose audio system/6 disc in dash CD, etc.

Nobody seems to have the special edition on their lot so I haven't been able to see what the system actually is.

Anyone familiar with it?

I am wondering if this system is a good quality sound system or if I am going to want to replace it.

2. deltarider99

deltarider99 New Member

Just like any Bose system in any car. Sounds decent at low-mid volumes, but turn it up, and it will start to show its weaknesses. But it all depends what you're looking for in the system.

3. Ronin

Ronin Guest

If you add a sub low take charger of low range frequencies it would probably do your car well. Even if its a low expense small sub.

4. 04

04 Guest

this,

The best judge of the system is you. If you've already paid for it, and like the way it sounds and it fits all your needs when you get the car, I don't see any need to replace it unless you find it lacking.

5. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

This is true up to a point. If it is the best thing he has heard, then of course he won't find it lacking unless he listens to something better. Although, if he is satisfied and doesn't want to find a new way to spend money, you're definitely right.

6. this

this Guest

Well it is true that I am not the world's pickiest person when it comes to sound. I can tell the difference between a $20 am/fm 2 speaker radio and a decent home stereo, but I don't think I can qualify as an audiophile.

I consider the best audio I have ever owned to come from my computer's suround sound system. The speakers are around 10 years old now and they still please me.

So, I am sure I will be happy with the bose system in the car.

I was mainly asking if anyone knew what this OEM unit is. I am thinking it probably has a retail counterpart.

7. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

You know, I really don't think it does have a retail counterpart. They might use the same speakers and amp in other cars that have Bose systems, but I don't think it is something you could purchase in pieces from Bose directly.

I think it comes down to this. You can certainly improve upon the Bose system, but it will take a lot of work (read money, if you have someone else do it) and will cost you in parts. Probably more than you would want to spend to buy a system that bests your stock Bose.