TAT Maybe you guys can help...?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Half-Pint, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Half-Pint

Half-Pint will you give in to me?

Hey guys and gals... long time reader, first time poster here. Anyway...

I've been wanting to get some kind of piercing for a while now, and I've got my heart set on double labret. I'm only 15, so my life's still governed by my parents right now. Well, I brought it up in conversation and my mum totally freaked. Apparently, piercings are "barabaric", "ugly", "abnormal", and if I got one I'd just be another "metalhead clone". :squint: And I'm welcome to get it done as long as I can find another place to stay, as I wouldn't be welcome at home anymore. At that point, she was real pissed off and she went and mentioned to dad that I wanted a "piece of metal stuck through my face", and I could hear him ranting on about it too. If I mention it to him I'll get a "swift kick up the arse". Huh.

My mum's obsessed with looks though. She always has a go at me because I have a few spots, and if she sees an overweight person on the street she always comments on how awful they look and how it's their fault they look that way and so on. :rolleyes: She hates the clothes I want to wear too, and she does her best to make me wear 'fashionable' clothing; which is basically what all the air-heads at school wear. I can't reason with her either. I told her (calmly) that this is what I want to do with my body, and I tried to explain to her why I wanted it doing. But no. She didn't give any explanation other than that they were "disfiguring", and that she can't understand why anyone would go through so much pain to get something so hideous...

I'm not planning on getting any visable piercings until 6th Form at school anyway, since my school's got a strict 'no jewelry' policy, and even kids who have covered piercings up have to remove them. :(

*sigh* . Perhaps some of you can explain why you have the piercings you do, since I can't get across to her. I don't want to argue with either of my parents, especially since I can't seem to get through to them at all. Maybe if they see why people do it they'll understand a little better. Also, if you could post pictures of labret it would be appriciated. I think she might be envisioning me wearing 'David Draiman Style' talons. Keep it 'parent friendly' please; they hate the internet too.

Liz

2. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

Hey Liz.

I've had a similar struggle with my grandfather, and I found that once I dealt with his initial response, he got over it. He told me for years the first ring i get in my body, he's putting a chain through it and dragging me around. My parents thought it was stupid, but they realized they couldn't stop me. They only asked I thought about it carefully, did it carefully, and tried my best to keep my future in mind.

As far as why I'm pierced, there are a couple reasons. At least one your parents won't like, given your age and their apparent rigidity. I'd say the main reason I got my first piercings (lobes) was for appearances. I liked the look of earrings. I thought I'd look good in earrings. I'd wanted them for a long time. At the time I had my ears pierced, this was the sole reason.

Stop reading to your parents now.

Before I had my second piercing done, I had already stretched my lobes some. I was originally pierced at something like an 18, and I was wearing a 14 when I had my helix pierced. The reason I started this was to increase sensitivity, since my ears are one of my "spots" if you will. Also the reason I had my helix pierced.

I suppose now is as good of a time as any to mention I just got my frenum pierced two days ago. Let me tell you, this is a rush. Of course, you'll never know but you get the idea.

3. Half-Pint

Half-Pint will you give in to me?

Thanks for your response, pir8penguin. :)

Heh, I can't even get my ears pierced right now. My mum is 'qualified' to pierce ears with a gun, but she hates doing it. But I can't get them pierced anywhere else. Until I'm 16 at least.

My mum did mention that once I wanted to get rid of the labret they'd scar horribly. I imagine that they do scar a little, but not the way she imagines it.

4. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Here's a pic of a double labret - complete with talons.

[​IMG]

Um, probably not the most 'parent safe' pic of labrets around but I just saw this one the other day and well...