LGBT Maybe I'm an idiot, but....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by BlazinBlazer Guy, Jan 11, 2004.

1. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

being "metrosexual" does not determine a form of sexual gratification or what gender you are attracted to, does it?

and if it doesn't refer to anything truly "sexual," then why does the term even exist? I mean it kind of puts an ":ugh:" connotation over it for people. Instead why not call it "overly hygenically consious" or something :dunno: meh, just rambling and ranting.

also while I've made the thread, I might as well throw this out there to get some responses. I find myself being overly intolerant when it comes to active and fully homosexual people. I don't consider myself homophobic, I just am grossed out and more or less have a bad image of gay people. I mean I know part of it was having bad experiences early in life walking in on one of my supervisors at a job making out with his gay partner, and then having another gay supervisor hitting on me (I was 15 at the time, I mean jeez! How sick does it get?! :barf: ) What if anything should I be doing to be more tolerant and overcome the :ugh: factor so that I'm not pretty much openly hating homosexuals? :hs:

I mean I still will feel like "you are fine with that as long as you keep it away from right in front of me, I don't want to be hit on or see you making out," but atleast I will give more merit to them as people. :o

2. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

Yes, but they have to see you making out with your girlfriend, so why the double standard?

That said, if you getting hit on at 15 freaked you out that much, maybe you need to reevaluate your own sexuality. Getting hit on by anyone should be taken as a compliment, not a threat. I'd frightened to think what you do when a girl hits on you.

Finally, saying that if they go back to hiding who they are, you'd give them more merit as people shows what type of person you are. The only things that should be taken into account when judging someone is the content of their character. Their sexual preference has nothing to do with who they are as human beings.

3. Redsky

And metrosexual has nothing to do with sexual preference. Read this:

4. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I was the same way as you are now. I just got comfortable with who I am and not to let that shit bother you. Like Redsky said, they have to see you stealing passion from your girlfriend once in a while in public right? I mean its more socially accepted than homosexuality is, but they are just caught in the passion as well, so why hate on it? Like you said, as long as you can keep from seeing that and not being hit on its ok. Well you can't do anything to not see it...as for being hit on, take it like I do...flattering. You must be good looking enough, clean cut and somewhat fashionable for them to even think of it first. Politely say "no thanks" or whatever term you drum up for yourself, or constantly have a girl under your arm ;).

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

which re-iterates my point exactly: why call it "metrosexual" and coin it as an alternate lifestyle when it is merely being "appearance consious" as an individual? :bigthumb:

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

you're probably right, I just need to get over it; but yeah thinking that a guy could see another guy in that light to me just isn't cool at all. :o

7. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

you and I both my friend...you and I both

8. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

well said!!

9. Taylor

Taylor Guest

The media needed a buzzword to define it... that's all.

10. Redsky

There are too many variables to determine exactly why he acted the way he did. I had my observation, just as you had yours.

As for your theory, what hidden, unresolved issues might you believe I have? If you are being vague in an effort to get me to admit a nonexistant hidden issue, it won't work.

11. Redsky

Which is exactly why I said it won't work. ;)

12. metro means for everybody, like metro buses

So when you say metrosexual it means you like everybody

13. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

:rofl: