"May the force be with you." The Official STAR WARS Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by baboymo, Jul 10, 2004.

1. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

With Episode III a little less than a year away I'm sure some OT'ers have high hopes for the last installment of the prequel trilogy.

From The Phantom Menace to The Return of the Jedi and the future. You can discuss it here.

2. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

to try and get something started, what r u hoping to see in the 3rd prequel and what don't u want to see?

wanna see vader suit toward end of movie.
    don't wanna see jarjar unless its his death scene.

3. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

Since i am one of the few fans of episode 1 & 2, i hope its along the same lines. But this time i hope they dont use CGA for the lightsaber battles :S

4. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I'm very pessimistic about Episode 3. It has a lot of ground to cover (too much, actually).

5. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

I want so bad to like the prequels, but there's just a lot of stuff that irritated me, especially in Ep 1. For one, the whole midichlorian thing... I wish they had just left the Force alone and just let it be some unseen power that was in all things... Attributing it to little microbes in the universe that talk to each other or whatever just made it stupid, IMHO.

Also, the kid that played Anakin in Ep 1 was terrible. Yeah, so they wanted to portray him as a happy-go-lucky kid, ignorant in the ways of the Force... Whatever, he was a terrible actor. And, of course, the CG everyone loves to hate, Jar Jar Binks... God, I hate that guy. Meesa wanna see his ass get killed.

Ep 2 made up for it a little. Yoda's lightsaber duel kicked ass. The Jedi fighting on Geonosis was pretty sweet too. In Ep 3, I want to see Anakin's complete turn to the dark side. I imagine it will involve him killing Dooku, since he will now be Palpatine's apprentice. Definitely need to see the suit, although hopefully it won't be the same exact suit from the original trilogy. Maybe we'll get to see the birth of Luke and Leia? Who knows. I just hope it doesn't suck.

6. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

If the first two films are anything to go by, I think the third one will be an enormous let down. I think there are two scenes that were not dreadful in the first two. The first film had the sabre fight and the second one had Boba Fett flying through the asteroids. Apart from that, the effects were generally extremely average, and as for certain characters...well.

7. fatlip

fatlip Transcendence Into The Peripheral

I'm really looking forward to ep3, i'm just praying thats its not gonna be a complete and total let down! I actually didn't mind ep1, it was weak compared to 4-6 but still a good film in its own right. I really enjoyed ep2, again not a patch on 4-6 but a decent addition to the series.

8. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

My guess is that at the end of the movie, probably after the lightsaber duel and Anakin's fall into the lava, we'll see a montage of short shots - Anakin in a bacta tank. Amidala giving birth. Palpatine in his hooded cloak. Anakin's helmet lowered onto his burned head and snapping into his armor. The twins given to Bail Organa and Obi-Wan and separated.

Naturally with each character's theme music woven in with each scene.

Just like the end of Empire Strikes Back and the end of Attack of the Clones.

For the record, I believe James Earl Jones is cast for this movie, so we'll definitely see Vader at least briefly.

9. Joe_Cool

Hopefully Lucas will finally learn the lesson of Empire Strikes Back (the greatest Star Wars movie of all):

1. Come up with the story outline.
    2. Hire a good screenwriter.
    3. Hire a good director.
    4. Be executive producer.
    5. GTFO of their way and let them make a great movie and make all your fans love you again.
    6. ????
    7. Profit. :bigthumb:

10. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

hopefully he'll be so displeased with the third that he'll release all three again without jarjar :o

and then he'll decide the entire series won't be complete without Zahn's trilogy in movie form.

:o

11. Joe_Cool

This needs to happen.

12. Jodon007

Jodon007 New Member

:werd:

Grand Admiral Thrawn=one of the coolest Star Wars characters ever

13. Joe_Cool

Fixed. :bigthumb:

14. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

I want to see shit hit the fan. I want to see Jedi ambused and cut down (after tearing apart a large portion of the assassins). I want to see Mace Windu get to be the bad ass, and not Yoda.

I didn't like the Yoda fight scene. I always though of Yoda as the Force guy. You want something lifted, something sensed/detected, mystical powers, you call Yoda. You want a bad mother fucker, you call Mace. I thought Yoda's fight with Dooku over shadowed the Mace vs. Jango fight.

I want to see a jealous, sadistic Annakin. i want to get chills as he constantly crosses those sacred lines showing us that he's really really evil. I'd like to see some hint of the spies that will eventually steal the Death Star plans. I want to see some storm troopers kick ass before the near sighted flaw becomes aparent in episode 4.

15. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

Did any of you watch the Clone Wars cartoons? There was one episode with Mace Windu kicking some serious ass. I'll have to go and find that one episode again, because it was pretty impressive, even though it was a cartoon.

16. Acesn8s

that's the only one I saw. :bigthumb:
    Mace takes on entire trade federation army.

17. Joe_Cool

The death star plans have already been stolen. We saw them in Ep 2. Currently the Trade Federation has them. They will eventually become the Rebellion.

18. Acesn8s

I didn't think they were stolen yet. I thought the bug leader took the plans with them so they wouldn't fall into the Republic's hands.

remember episode 4 starts out with Lea's ship being boarded because they just got the plans for the Death Star which the Rebellion didn't even know exisited.

19. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Actually, didn't the Geonosians (or whatever they're called) design the Death Star? I'll have to watch Ep 2 again, but it seemed like they were the ones who designed and probably eventually built the Death Star, but I could be wrong.

20. Jodon007

Jodon007 New Member

:werd:
    Though I'm not so sure they built them. There's some sort of mention of who built them in the book, "Darksaber", but I forget who it is. I believe they were just space troopers though.

21. Joe_Cool

Yeah, you're right.

22. Acesn8s

God I just had a thought. I hope Lucus doesn't decide to toss a 'prototype' Death Star into the 3rd movie. God that would be aweful.

23. Joe_Cool

:ugh: Yeah, he has a thing for death stars and their heroic destruction, doesn't he?

24. Acesn8s

I'd like to see something about the original Sith. Some ritual or something the Dark Apprentices have to undergo to claim the title Darth.

25. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

I have a feeling we'll see more of the Death Star (in Episode III) than we'd like to. :eek: