A&P May have a line on a first gig.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Section8, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Section8

Section8 .

My wife is the office manager for our chiropractor and one of the patients is interested in some photos and video of their father who is a WWII Iwo Jima vet. I haven't spoken to the woman yet, my wife just called to give me a heads up, but I'm trying to think of ideas for this. PS anyone in the NoVA/DC/MD area interested in doing the video bit I can send them your way if you want because I can barely video my track stuff with the camera bolted to the roll-cage for me.

My first thoughts are some studio portraits of him in his uniform if he still has it, and some shots of him and his family at the Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington.

Any idea what i should charge for something like this? it would be my first paying gig so i don't want to charge too much, but I don't want to sell myself short.

2. Section8

Section8 .

tough crowd

3. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Depends on what the pics are for and who they're for. If just for the family, I'd charge $75 since this is your first gig.

4. Section8

Section8 .

yeah, I think they are just for personal use. Thanks :)

5. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

make SURE you tell them about the Library of Congress Veterans History Project. Both my Grandfather and Dad have done it, and it's one of those things that I can cherish forever.

http://www.loc.gov/vets/

Essentially, they will be at a local library, and will interview vets. Eventually, they will put all of their videos up online.

not that anyone wants to watch it, but here's my grandpa, a B17 pilot in WWII
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2661542442041516559&hl=en

6. Section8

Section8 .

Very cool, thanks for the info I didn't know about that. It's possible that this is what they are doing but I don't have all the details yet, hell the woman hasn't even called me so who knows. :dunno: