Maximizing Google Adsense?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Axalon, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Axalon

Axalon pcgamemods.com crew

I've been making and maintaining websites for a while now, and for the past 4 years they have been my primary source of income.

Between my two sites I generate about 9,000,000 page views a month

One is a movie site: www.guesswhichmovie.com
    the other is a game mod site: www.pcgamemods.com

if you type in "google adsense" into google you will get a slew of results and there will be a lot of ads on how to maximizing your click through with keywords.

Do any of those work? The revenue generated by adsense is really low, and I'm looking for ways to increase it, however I don't want to buy into one of those programs.

Also I tried adding something like the words "movie rentals" to the page to see if google would pick up the keywords but it doesn't seem to have worked.

2. K e N

K e N New Member

You would probably want to try doing Search Engine Optimizing for both your site to increase views and as well reposition your Google Ads. Place them in a good position for first screen view and make sure that the colour has to be an attention catcher.

3. Axalon

Axalon pcgamemods.com crew

Search Engine Optimizing?

4. opie

opie hi. OT Supporter

I use adsense, I'm not that happy with the results. I do get a lot of clicks but the clicks go nowhere. They just view the website and that's it. Maybe my website sucks? :) Not sure.

I think a lot of people just go ahead and click on all the ads and never really view the website.. Just to waste money.