Maxima/I30 guys help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by meisterboy12, May 13, 2005.

1. meisterboy12

meisterboy12 New Member

I installed an intake on my 1998 Infiniti I30 the other day and the check engine light is on in my car so i checked all of the connections and they are all good as far as i know and i noticed a tube that isnt not connected to anything. i looked all around and i cant find antyhgin that looks like it could connect too. im hoping that this tube is the reason for the check engine light so i can fix it and be done with it. if anyone can check their infiniti i30 or maxima and get a pic of where this connects i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for the help in advance. pics...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

That's a breather hose; it's meant to be disconnected. I have a midpipe in my 4th gen and that hose isn't attached to anything.

3. meisterboy12

meisterboy12 New Member

ok, thanks... now i jsut need to find out why the service engine soon light is on

4. steve o

steve o OT Supporter

service engine soon is not a check engine light
    witch one is it ?
    if its a service engine soon it means you have to service the engine ie oil change spark plug change and so on

5. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

i believe the service engine soon is the CEL on the maxima/i30

6. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

there is a sensor plug that connects to one of the stock pipes that you HAVE to unplug if you remove the stock intake. If you leave the stock pipes in at the bottom you can leave it plugged in and it should not trigger the CEL

7. Vaudevillain

Vaudevillain Active Member

Correct.

If you don't know how to diagnose the light yourself, you can just go to AutoZone and they'll scan it for free. If I had to take a guess, I'd say the code has something to do with your MAF :dunno:. Ehhh, I'm probably wrong.

8. Tyrexx

Tyrexx OT Supporter

Im thinking "airtemp" sensor or MAF sensor is unplugged. If your car runs fine then your MAF is still plugged in. The "airtemp" sensor is plugged in the lower left side of the stock intake snorkel. (that black tube near the radiator)

+ Yes that is a breather hose