A&P Max memory stick for digital camera?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hellagrant, Jan 14, 2010.

1. hellagrant

hellagrant New Member

Do I have to be concerned about the size of the memory card that I place into a digital camera? A computer motherboard can only except 8gb of ram, for example. Anything like that with cameras?

My camera came with a 32MB stick! Which was fine to take 10-20 photos and 1 minute of video, haha. But I am going to mount it onto my motorcycle and video tape it, so I need something like 8gb = about 4 hrs.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on ways to protect the lens from rocks while I ride, please let me know. I am mounting the camera in a position where a rock COULD come. Chances of hitting right on the lens = none but you never know.

Sony DSC W1
    Uses Sony Memory Stick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

If its super old it will be limited. Theres no concrete limit though. Some were stuck at 512MB, some 1GB, many 2GB. Newer cameras normally stop at 8GB but have firmware updates if theyre a couple years old. New cameras stop at 64GB.

3. hellagrant

hellagrant New Member

WHAT!!!! That sucks monkey balls.

Any website where I can find info like this? I am googling now but getting nothing.

4. percent

percent deluded

From the website you stole the picture from:
    It's rated for 1GB. It might accept some a little higher than that, but its a gamble. Some cameras say they only support XXXgb because it was the biggest size card available when the camera came out even though you can stick a bigger one it. It will have a limit though. Def won't take 32gb cards or anything.

5. hellagrant

hellagrant New Member

Thank you. I did see that rated for 1GB but I didn't think that was the maximum. But sounds like it won't go much over 1gb, let alone 32gb.

Well screw me. Guess I need to save up for a new camcorder or camera that can hold 32gb. crap

6. percent

percent deluded

You REALLY suck a google. :rofl: Searching simply for Sony DCS W1, that information is available in each of the first 5 links that come up. I didn't check any more than that.