Matrix Revolutions Trailer Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Brujo, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Brujo

Brujo New Member

This thread is to discuss the new trailers released for Revolutions...

In this thread, I posted a very long theory I found:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=718210

Cliffnotes: Theyre all robots*, Zion is an extension of the Matrix, Neo, Agent Smith, and possibly Trinity will combine to destroy the Matrix.

*The idea that theyre all robots comes from the Animatrix, which describes how AI got out of control, and how humans had to 'blacken the sky' (which is not true)....the idea is that the humans nuked the machines, which created an EMP effect... while they were down, they recreated the world in a machine (Matrix), which allows the robots to believe they are humans... After all, Laws of Thermodynamics says you cant create more energy, so the fields of humans would be stupid...

ok, that was longer than I hoped...

To the Trailer:

*1st Scene: We see that Neo and the 'Matrix operator' (I suppose) have cut a deal to destroy Smith

The question I ask is, whats in it for Neo?

This leads me to believe that Neo and Smith will combine forces (who says neo cant replicate) b/c they are both trying to destroy the Matrix

*Scene w/ Bane and Neo: In Reloaded, we saw that Smith did pick up the phone once he overtook another body... I think it was Bane in that scene, but you be the judge, heres some screen caps of that scene and a pic of bane in the lower right hand corner..
    [​IMG]
    By picking up the phone, he exited the matrix... which may explain the scene in reloded where bane cuts himself in the hand (Smith testing his humanity) and why triggers the EMP early... It also explains how Smith overtakes Bane's body in revolutions....

Which brings up another weird fact... Smith tells Neo to look past the skin and see his true enemy.... Then it cuts to a matrix-esque view of smith, but in orange.... clues to that zion is a matrix? :dunno:

*Last scene before the Matrix Revolutions title appears.... its a very brief, but it shows a hovercraft-thingy flying in a clear sky...
    [​IMG]

So what happened to the blackened sky? Proof that it never existed?

So thats all, I know there is more to this trailer, but I just wanted to spark some thought....

Please add any of your own theories...

And BTW, I've already got someone waiting to get me a ticket at the Houston IMAX for that weekend! :bigok:

2. Initial E

Initial E New Member

WTF, you guys will have Revolutions playing on an Imax screen?

if so: FUCK YALL

closets one to me is like a 4 hour drive. Ugh.

3. Brujo

Brujo New Member

Yeah, it'll premier the same day as any other theatre.... i also saw Reloaded on IMAX... made the movie 10x better...

4. coolchrisrm

coolchrisrm Because if I wear it any place else, it chafes.

the double matrix explanation seems too easy, i hope the wazachoskiican'tspell brothers don't use such an easy out :sad2:

5. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

yes that is definitley bane. smith inhabited him towards the middle of reloaded and they picked him up at the end on the hovercraft (the only survivor)... i believe his face was the last shot in the movie.

6. Brujo

Brujo New Member

It is..

I love all the theories out right now...

Should be fun, just over a month now...

PS - I got the screen caps from my high quality Reloaded rip.... not cinema rip.... I dont know if alot of ppl. have this or not.... if they do, then its no big deal, if not, I'll share...

7. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

:x: I have my hopes up that this film will complete the second one to make one KICKASS trilogy!

I watched the trailer twice - I'm sure Smith occupied Bane, but I want to know how Neo is stopping sentinels in the real world.

8. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

hehe, just saw the LOTR-ROTK trailer too :cool:

9. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

No one noticed anything about how Neo's eyes were covered up and the wrap had blood around it?

10. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

i am gonna guess either two things:

when he did his first EMP blast at the end of reloaded, it hurt his eyes and now they need to be bandaged.

OR

he can now 'see' the matrix, and that is too much information for him to handle without passing out. so he needs to have his eyes covered in order to manipulate the matrix outside in the 'real world'

11. Clearstatik

Clearstatik Guest

that could be the end of the movie. neo wins and "humans" get the earth back again so they clean it up... :dunno:

12. Brujo

Brujo New Member

One idea was that he emitted an EMP signal, and if he himself is a robot, that would explain why he was knocked out, as well as bane... but theyve used EMP w/o effects before.... but if you watch in the first movie, when they use the EMP, morpheus and trinity sorta fall too, and the movie fades back in....perhaps suggesting that they too were knocked out.... but the counter to that is that the sentinenls would also come back alive too.... so we'll see...

13. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

matrix comes out sunday?

14. Brujo

Brujo New Member

Nov 5th, I think...

15. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

oooooooooooooooooo that sucks i was hopin oct 5 ;)

16. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Good grief. How come no one gets the Bane/Smith thing.

Ok, so smith takes over Banes body in teh Matrix. Now remember the body ant live without the mind. And Smith now has Banes mind. Think about when they killed an Agent in The Matrix, they would turn back into their original host bodies. Same thing here. Banes signature was still intact in the Matrix, even though Bane had taken over his consciousness. Beucase the hardline was set for banes carrier signature, he jacked out, as smith, into banes body. So even though its Banes body, its Smiths mind. Get it? Of course not, this is OT.

The golden code...
    In the high res trailer, the Oricle says "Neo is caught in a place between the Matrix, and the Real World" somthing to that effect. WHich i assume, part of his consciousness is stuck in the real world, the other in a machine world. However he is capable of feeling and understanding both.

The Gold code, i believe, is the machine consciousness. It is the code that the machines themselves run on. Which explains why Ceraph and the Oracle are in the golden code. And why in the trailer Neo is seen walking around in gold code, and Smith is in gold code, and all of the machines in the "real world" are seen in gold code.
    Becuase he is attatched to the collective consciousness of the machines, it would make sence that if he is runnignhis code inside of theres, that he would have the same, or similar level of control over the machines in teh real world as he would in the Matrix. Which explains why he is able to distroy the machines. He manipulates the code to do what he wants it to. Like how he raises his hand to stop teh bullits in Matrix1 by manipulating the code inthe matrix, he does the same to manipulate the code to destroy the Sentinal in Matrix2.

Ironic i also find that he uses the same type of "whoa i didnt know i could do that" code manipulation in the end of both movies. Nice little twist.

I woulc discuss in more detail, but ill give you somthing to chew on first.

17. Angry Ed

Angry Ed Active Member

I had the same thoughts, I was surprised all of OT had such a hard time comprehending the concept.

My thoughts? Neo is blinded by Bane/Smith in a fight, but can still see using his matrix conciousness, Neo WILL die before the end of the movie, most likely taking smith with him, as well as Trinity and possibly morpheus, but they will force the machines into a coexistance once again. It will not be a happy ending, or I will be sorely dissapointed with the Wach. Bros.

18. Leathal

Leathal Zio will eat you for breakfast

:bowdown:

Never thought about the connection between gold avatars in M2 and the gold world in the M3 trailer

19. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I think your right about Bane and Neo in the fight. Cause you remember, Bane grabbed that lighting bolt gun, like the one that Cypher used in M1 on Tnak and Dozer, and they had a big battle, there are clips of it in the trailers. Im willing to bet thats where the eye damage comes from.
    And i think your correct on using his lack of sight to see the matrix code.
    You see alot of fades from teh "real world" view, to the "golden code" videw of the same thing. Walking down a corridor, it turns to gold code, Bane to Smith in gold code, destroying a sentinal coming twords him, exploding, then have the machines code kinda pass through his as it flys by.
    Also interesting is seeing Neo use this ability to destry large amounts of machines when hes in the hover craft. Right before the odd blue sky pic posted above.

I was actually really disappointed at the Matrix Revolutions highres trailer, it really gave away WAY to much information reguarding the story with Neo.

However i am very interested to see how the back story with Trinity, Sereph, Morpheous, and Naiobi turns out. It seems like they intentionally left out the bits of the film where that is conscerned.
    Kinda sad when you look forward to the vegetables and not the meat. :hs:

20. Angry Ed

Angry Ed Active Member

If Dune fans think back, I imagine what is to come will be something similar to when Mua'Dib loses his sight. Very similar characters, very similar plot line.

21. AaronCruz

AaronCruz Guest

:fawk: my last name is wachowski!

22. rob

rob Guest

u fucks its just a god damn movie stop typing all this

23. Danb13

Danb13 Real life is so boring and stupid

any one notice in the trailer that french guy says bring me the eyes of the orical and u will have your savior back, then you see neo with a blindfold and blood around it

plus you can hear the orical saying to neo that the future of both worlds will be in his hands, but she was the one who told him every one has a set path

24. iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck OT Supporter

I was just fixing to post that, the Menovigian or however you spell it asks for his eyes in return for his freedom. What I want to know is whats the big morphing face thing that Neo is talking to in the trailer? "What if you fail?" ETC WTF WAS THAT!

25. coolchrisrm

coolchrisrm Because if I wear it any place else, it chafes.

:eek3: