Matrix Reloaded Gurus, foreshadowing **spoilers**

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Pudifin, May 20, 2003.

1. Pudifin

Pudifin These girls > olsen twins

Okay, I haven't seen any good discussion threads about reloaded so I figure I'd start one. I'm going to try and keep this post as short as possible but I'm not promising anything. I read deeply into the movie, so if I'm right, the following post may contain spoilers for Revolutions as well :)

**Architect's Speech**

A lot of people were confused by what the architect was saying at the end, so I'll put it in a nut shell here.

"The One" is described as an anomaly, an exception to the rule. The matrix creates this anomaly in order to keep the rest of the population from totally rejecting the matrix. They explain that this is the 6th time 'the one' has been created in the matrix, so neo has had 5 predecessors who did not defeat the matrix. They instead chose to take 23 individuals with them to restart Zion.

***Predictions***

I've seen it twice now and from what I can tell this is what is going to happen...

The matrix is actually a matrix inside of a matrix (2 matricies). This was done to catch that 1% (Or whatever the number was) of the population that rejected the matrix. Even in the first movie they talked about how the original matrix was too perfect and people rejected it and it was a huge failure. In Reloaded, the architect hints at it as well. Other indications were the orphan who gives the spoon to neo which is clearly bent many times, but this is in the supposed real world. How could the spoon have travelled to the real world from the matrix? The guy who brings Neo the spoon also says that the orphan says Neo would understand, which is important. Also supporting this theory is the fact that the agent takes over the survivors body and enters the 'real' world. This does not make any sense unless the 'real world' is also a matrix. Even the logic they use to explain people dying in the matrix also dying in the real world doesn't make any sense when applied to this situation. Finally, at the end of Reloaded, Neo destroys those sentinels in the real world, yet he shouldn't have any super human abilities in the that realm. By this point however, I believe that Neo has mostly pieced together the fact that Zion exists in a matrix. Once he kills the sentinels, he enters a coma, which is his body rejecting the 2nd matrix.

Trinity is also key, because, as the architect hints at, she is the difference between Neo and the 5 previous 'the ones'. The architect does this when he talks about Neo's affinity for the human race, he says Neo has a far more specific attachment, Trinity. Trinity's name is also significant, as is Neo's and Morpheus', which brings me to the fact that the Matrix is very biblical. Trinity's name is significant because she is the 3rd and final part of the group of 'the one', the difference between Neo and the five before him. Neo is very much like Jesus, 'turning' people from the matrix (and more when jesus/neo comes about), performing miracles, and so on. Another biblical symbol is the number 6. Neo is the 6th anomaly, which I think is very important. I knew 6 was important in the bible, but I didn't know exactly why, so I looked it up.

Remember when the architect says that he likes to think of time in terms of how many anomalys have cropped up? Thats cool, but it doesn't really shed any more light on what is coming. Obviously Neo is the true one, they aren't going to kill off the entire human race in the trilogy or most people would be upset. Although it could make for a very cool and dark twist at the end.

I believe in Revolutions, Neo will make a '2nd coming' (another biblical thing, although he already did ressurect at the beginning of the first movie) and begin freeing people from the 2nd matrix. This would leave the trilogy an excellent ending as they set up a new city in the 'true' real world, yet it would be open ended because you wouldn't know if it was another Matrix or not. Very :cool: shit.

***Extra stuff***

*Agent Smith*

A very cool bad guy in the movie, although the fight scene in the playground was a little long. Reloaded tells us he has something to do with the difference between Neo and other "the one's", with his connection with Neo and so on, but I couldn't figure out what that is, or what its meaning is.

*Neo's Choice w/Architect*

Near the end of Reloaded, when the architect gives Neo his speil, the cameras are always showing different reactions Neo could have given. Denial was predicatable, as the architect says, all the permutations had the same emotion, they just expressed it in slightly different ways. All the other sets of permutations were different except one. At the end when Neo makes his final choice between restarting Zion and saving Trinity, ALL of the screens show the same thing. They all take the same door.

My friend (Al) thought that this was very significant, as the architect said that hope is both the greatest weakness and strength of the human race (in different words). Al thinks that all the previous 'the ones' choose the same path as Neo, as the screens showed. I think that the screens were all the possible things that Neo would do. I think the prophecy still holds true and although he could have responded to the Architects other statements/questions in a million different ways, he would still make the same choice at the end. The choice Neo choose, according the architect, will lead to the end of the human race. Neo of course believes it can also lead to ultimate victory. If one of the previous 'the ones' had chosen this path, there couldn't be another matrix. Unless of course, the architect lied to Neo, which is entirely possible. Another form of control, as they say.

Anyone have any conflicting views or care to fill in some blanks?

Discuss.

Cliff Notes: Trinity is an agent! :eek:

2. Jaron95

Jaron95 "Gattai" dattou?!

3. Pudifin

4. Jaron95

Jaron95 "Gattai" dattou?!

IBTM! :bigok:

5. your wrong.

Agent smith took over banes body, and the brain cant live with out the body? So he took on his brain to.

I thought the spoon was just a crappy one that he made out of metal?

If someones dies in the matrix, they die in real life to. Why, cause the body cant live without the brain.

6. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

the spoon wasnt bent and shit, it was all beaten up cuz it looked like shit. Looked like a hammered spoon to me. :dunno:

I dont know about the matrix in a matrix thing. It seems kinda hard for them to try to explain and intrigrate it in the 3rd one. But it could happen. :dunno::eek3:

But what i do believe is, the Oracle is now a "rogue" program. She was programmed to understand human emotions, and in doing so, she now has human emotions too. She wants the humans and machines to live happily together.

7. Pudifin

He took over his body in the matrix though, so how does that explain his control of the guy in the real world? Agent Smith is a program within the matrix, he has nothing to do with anything outside the matrix, unless the system also incorporates what is believed to be the 'real world'.

You could be right about the spoon, but it still seems significant.

I understand that, it still doesn't explain agent smith's control of bane (?) outside the matrix.

8. Pudifin

Spoon was covered in above post.

I don't think it would be hard to explain at all, and it makes a lot of sense. I first thought of the theory (I know I wasn't the only one) after I saw it the first time, and the 2nd time I watched it I just saw a bunch of evidence that supported it.

I thought it was made pretty obvious that the Oracle was an exiled (rogue) program in the movie. There was a lot of talk about purpose in her conversation with Neo though, so I believe that she is still trying to fulfill her original purpose, just like Agent Smith is, even after they are no longer part of the system because that is what they were programmed to do. I doubt she has any more emotions now then she did when she was first created but I :dunno:

9. No, the oracle is NOT a rouge program.

She told morepheous all this BS about the phrocey. If she wanted the humans and machines to stop fighting, or the humans to win, she would not have told him that BS.

She helps get "THE ONE" to the key maker and shit so he can get to the architect, and destroy zion.

This is how they control the one.