SRS Mathadone

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Rainbow, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Hello everyone I am a recovering addict. I was addicted to methadone for around a year.

i was just wondering are there any other fellow methadone addicts here and how hard was it for you to come off the drug?

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

not methadone particularly, but i'm sure i would have been if it was around. I think you'll find the principals of recovery work on all drugs. Welcome!

3. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I got off of the methadone by using suboxone.

4. fourty03

fourty03 The quick brown fox couldn't jump over your mother

Suboxone worked great for me. Highly recommend this; I had a plan that I worked out with my Doc and family members.

Been clean 11 months. The first round ( 7 day outpatient) did not work for me because
    I had no means of stopping. I did not want to stop. About two months later I finally
    got the will to say it was finally enough and tried the suboxone again on my own accord.

I did the suboxone for a month the second time and after two weeks of starting it I felt great!

The anticipation of the withdrawals will scare everyone. For me the withdrawals were mild.
    But if you have the mind set to get off of it you can deal with the symptoms with the help
    of the suboxone. It will minimize most of it - its just the mental portion after a while

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  5. JamesL

JamesL wat

I use methadone for maintenance treatment... :dunno:

I used Suboxone for 18 months before that, with little luck... The methadone has worked fantastic so far.

6. dan zig

dan zig New Member

I have never heard of suboxone but I got off methadone buy going down 5mgs a week.

I dont recommend methadone for anyone,its better to just stop whatever drug it is your addicted to as from my experience the withdraws in the end are far worse from methadone.

7. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

Mathadone... is that something you take to help you before a Calculus test?