Math Crew: Help...effectiveness rate.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Timer, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Timer

Timer Guest

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

3. Timer

Timer Guest

How does it not? Nobody addressed that. There's a lot of jumbled math which doesn't come to any good conclusion.

4. Timer

Timer Guest

Typical Use (Pill + pull out)
    .05 * .19 = 0.0095, meaning it is 99.9905% effective

Now with near-perfect (pill + pull out)
    .001*.04 = .00004, meaning it is 99.99996% effective.

Versus just BC alone:
    95% typical, 99.999% perfect.

Typical use means they may miss a pill or can be under medications which affect it.

Ultimately, is comes down to this. Are you sure the girl isn't on medications and hasn't missed a pill? Then the extra .00006% effectiveness is USELESS. However, if she has the chance of messing up, doing both combined is like taking the pill perfectly.

Source: http://www.fda.gov/Fdac/features/1997/conceptbl.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  5. Timer

Timer Guest

am I off or?

6. Vysion

Vysion New Member

I can just look at women and they get pregnant... it's a cool skill I've developed.

7. Timer

Timer Guest

100 percent effective?

8. Timer

Timer Guest

bump for proof

9. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

demontits you are an idiot, you and your 150 iq and your amazing blowjob skills, unfortunately do not know how to do math, despite all your appraisal of the math gods. Timer's math in the post above is correct. When you are working with probabilities, and you want to see the probability of two mutually exclusive things happening together, you multiply their probabilities, as Timer so deftly did.

Correct, demontits, you don't add them. But they don't become magical little entities that you can't touch or ever change :rofl:. If the probability of me flipping a coin heads is 50%, YOU CAN FIGURE OUT THE PROBABILITY OF GETTING TWO HEADS WITH TWO COINS! IT'S NOT SOME MAGICAL UNTOUCHABLE THING roflmao, god bless your belief in "math" and your "physician."

the probability of me flipping two coins and getting two heads is .5*.5 = .25 YAYYYYY

10. ware_ru

retard

11. Timer

Timer Guest

:rofl: that made me laugh

12. Timer

Timer Guest

Question now is, what defines PERFECT use? Within an hour of the same time everyday, take 2 pills the day after at the same time if missed one, and no antibiotics?

13. drumbandit

drumbandit New Member

You're correct. I think anyone who doesn't believe the numbers either has failed or has never taken a stats/probability course.

14. Timer

Timer Guest

I think I will talk to my girlfriend about this now, see how she feels. Personally, I'm mixed. I know the numbers are factual...but it must be a mental thing stopping me now.

15. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

It's not like flipping a coin and they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. However, pulling out isn't a bad idea if she's on BC.

16. ware_ru

lol my bad, i meant to say independent events, not mutually exclusive. the probability of two mutually exclusive events both occurring is, by definition, 0, obviously.

17. ASoT

ASoT New Member

You have to question how they arrive at those percentages though. I highly doubt the data they collect represents the entire population. Think about how they survey is done and what type and number of people they don't get data from. Think about external influences such as all the medication that will reduce the effectiveness of the pill. How are they collecting their data? To me it seems they just ask the pregnant people what type of birth control they used. Is this an accurate way of going about collecting a sample to represent the population?

18. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

I would take the fun of being able to cum inside my g/f over the extra .00006% effectiveness

19. Timer

Timer Guest

I'm sure they have the experiments done pretty accurately, but I get what you're saying. Effectively, one simply must ask their girlfriend, "Did you take it? Have you missed any? And, are you taking other medications?"

Take it from there. The extra protection isn't really there.

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I didn't do any actual math :p I said it would make a difference, but one so negligible its half retarded to count it.
    Your second paragraph makes about zero sense when applied to what I said, but i'm so happy to see you back I don't even care.
    I never disagreed with Timers math, his conclusion is correct, we both said if taken correctly theres no reason to double up.

21. ware_ru

my bad, I saw that you posted and all the blood rushed out of my brain and into my cock. I'm still here beating myself up (off) about the post. pics?

22. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

:rofl: i've done this calculation before.

100% - (5% * 19%) = 99.9905%

5% being the probability the pill will fail, 19% is the probability pulling out will fail.

23. Rubberducky

Rubberducky New Member

what about bc then then morning after pill?

24. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

:rofl: I wouldn't advise using the morning after pill regularly :eek3:

25. Rubberducky

Rubberducky New Member

no silly i mean if your taking bc regularly then after having unprotected sex you take the morning after pill