A&P maternity shot

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by IntheWorks, Jan 11, 2007.

1. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I got this idea from tits... but added my own little bit to it. Her belly button hasn't popped yet, she's only 25 weeks along (this is my wife BTW) We plan on doing a more formal maternity shoot when she's about 8 months along. It was softened in PP using a new technique I've been trying out. I'm not really sure how I feel about it... I'm not sure if it really stands on it's own, or if it really needs a "set" to go with it.

shot w/ 10D
    either 50mm or 17-40L I can't remember
    f/8 @ 1/125
    sb24 off camera to her left w/ shoot thru umbrella

[​IMG]

2. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

I love maternity shots. I didn't really have my D70 (or rather, I didn't know how to use it) when my wife was prego. We have a 3mo now. I've seen that shot before, and I think what would help yours is a bit more lighting to eliminate the shadows. Her fingers are supposed to form a heart shape, but it's a bit lopsided because of the dark shadows. I have no doubt you'll be able to pull it off eventually, you take some great shots.

3. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

yeah.. I tried to go for more of a "dramatic" lighting set up, but I don't think I pulled it off... great thing though with the 10D is I can experiment and not worry about wasting film.

4. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

try light from the lower right, instead of from the left.... seriously..