match belt with your shoes?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by xinster, Nov 5, 2006.

1. xinster

xinster New Member

I don't really understand this, im kinda fashion impaired. I don't really have a style, i mean i wear like semibaggy black jeans usually dark stuff like blue/brown/black

i got a pair of brown boots, some black cross trainers, and 2 black belts and 1 brown belt.

Is there some sort of fashion do's and don'ts or is it impossible to fuck up any combination of the above?

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I always match my shoes and belts. Kinda tacky not too...

3. cutlasskid85

cutlasskid85 OT Supporter

what if I have a brown leather jacket, do I need to match it with brown boots and belt or can I still wear black boots/belt with a brown jacket? :hsugh:

4. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Fashion impaired too. I match just because a friend of mine in grad school made me her charity case to teach a lot of the basics to (not those basics).

Here's a follow up question, how many guys wear belts with jeans? I'm not really a belt wearing person and only wear them when I "dress up" for work, but otherwise I figure that since my pants size hasn't changed since high school and I'm not stupid that I can pick out jeans that fit and forego the belt. Any thoughts about jeans with belts?

5. xinster

xinster New Member

i always wear jeans with belts unless im lazy. by matching do you mean black with black brown nwith brown?

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Shoes and belt should match. Watch strap should match, too, unless it's a metal band on the watch.

This becomes more important in a business or formal setting. Or if you go out. If you're just lounging around the house, or out skateboarding or something, it probably doesn't matter that much. But if you go to work in an office wearing black pants, black shoes, and a brown belt, that would look weird.

7. low20

low20 Member

you should match your shoes and belt..generaly dont wear brown shoes with black either...

black jeans are kinda iffy too, but if its ur thing..

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^I know. Not sure why you quoted me in your post :)

9. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

Most of the time you do want to match shoe color with belt. It kind of depends on the situation, though. If you are dressed casually and have a decent fashion sense, you can easily pull off different combinations.

On the whole the core rules of men's style has stayed the same since early 1900s. By "fashion impaired", I usually think it's describing someone who can't dress hiply, who doesn't read fashion mags. That's nothing to worry about. But you should try to be knowledgable on the basics and classics.

10. RRated

RRated New Member

black w/black, brown w/brown. No other way does it work!

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Maybe you should check out the closet and let the metro's teach you a few things.

Women like well dressed men.

12. :smile:

:smile: New Member

true in almost all cases unless you have a shirt with black & brown on it.. you would wear:

more brown in shirt.. brown shoes
    more black in shirt.. black shoes & the belt you can wear the other color & accessorize

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

if you consider yourself fashion impaired, just live by this. And yes, wearing a belt with jeans even if not needed is often a good choice.

14. hyukki

hyukki ._.

I wear really bright clothes and black belts don't really go with it. I wear brown belts 90% of the time and it works pretty well. I try to stay away from brown/black shoes as much as possible... Right now, I have those slip-on's with black/white/teal checkers/diamonds on it. I usually have one pair of shoes because I don't think I need 20 pairs of shoes to look nice. Hehe. I try to find shoes that match my outfit most of the time and it's not that hard since most of the colors I wear go pretty well together.

If your style is to wear shirts that come down past your waist, I don't think you have to worry about it all THAT much since it would probably never show anyways.:)

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Once you start learning about fashion then you encouter the problem of flat black vs. glossy black. You can't mix flat black shoes with a shiny black belt or it looks funny.

Annoying.

16. GSRwBOOST

GSRwBOOST New Member

:werd:

17. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Many of the guys in East Texas...and maybe Arkansas also, will get the belts that have their names on them...........that way, when they pull their head out of their ass, they'll know who they are.:mamoru: