massive subwoofers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 04, Feb 9, 2002.

1. 04

04 Guest

2. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

They just look like really big boxes. Let's see the ass end of that sub, then i'll tell you if it's "massive'' or not.:bigthumb:

3. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

lets get this straight, you didnt build subwoofers, you build an enclosure for them.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

what driver did you use?? how does it sound?

5. 04

04 Guest

Bumpn: yes I know I didnt build the actual driver, I put together the subwoofer "system" which includes the box, the driver and the amplifier. The only thing I actually assembled was the box.

The one on the right is a Blueprint 1803 18" driver. It has 25mm one way linear XMAX. It is in a 8cuft box tuned to 23hz. When played outside (anechoic) it hit 120db at 40hz with only 600w RMS power. The actual driver can handle peaks of more than 2kW.

The other one is my brother's. It is a MCM house brand PA woofer, put in a 10cuft box tuned to 35hz. Its pretty loud at 40hz and above, but below that, its output stinks. U cant expect that much LF content to come out of a PA woofer tho. It can only handle 400w RMS.

6. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

ok, now that you said all that stuff, i know you know what your doin, i just thought you were some kid that pretends to know shit>:bigthumb: its all good

7. 04

04 Guest

Lol, yeah I know, I should have posted the specs on it from the start. :blue:

Here are some more pictures: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. M4A1

M4A1 :)