GUN Masked Men With Tire Irons Steal Armfuls Of Assault Weapons

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Oct 19, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

www.local6.com/news/14370914/detail.html

Masked Men With Tire Irons Steal Armfuls Of Assault Weapons

Thieves Flee In Stolen White Ford F-350

ORANGE CITY, Fla. -- Masked men carrying tire irons broke into a Volusia County pawn and gun shop early Thursday morning, stealing about 50 guns, most of which were semiautomatic assault rifles, according to authorities.

The break-in happened at about 2:45 a.m. at Central Florida Pawn & Gun, located at 1065 N. Volusia Ave. in Orange City.

According to the Orange City Police Department, four men used a crowbar to break into the back door of the store, stole the guns and fled in a stolen white Ford F-350 pickup.

The pickup, which has not yet been located, was stolen out of Clermont, police said.

Store surveillance video showed four men wearing bandanas over their faces and carrying tire irons to smash glass cases making a beeline to the assault rifles, leading police to believe that the thieves scoped out the shop earlier.

The assailants each made two to three trips in and out of the store, dumping armfuls of weapons, including AR-15s; SKSs, which are like AK-47s; and handguns into the pickup, police said.

About 90 seconds after the raid began, the thieves took off in the pickup, according to police.

"It worries me what (the stolen guns) are going to be used for, who could be the intended target. Whether it's a robbery of an innocent citizen or they could use them against law enforcement or (somebody) else," Orange City police Sgt. Jason Samsel said.

The owner of the shop said he may have possibly seen the assailants a few weeks ago inside the store.

Investigators said that they believe the same culprits broke into A&N Pawn Shop, located at 501 French Ave. in Sanford, an hour before the Orange City burglary.

In the Sanford robbery, a motion light came on and the back door jiggled, scaring the burglars, who left without stealing anything, according to police.

Anyone with information about the incidents is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

no shit? criminals use STOLEN guns in crime and not legally purchased guns? :eek4: no wai

3. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

i heard from a former employee of central florida G&P that the thieves also stole a couple of rarer finds. They stole a no longer made Arsenal SAM-5 milled receiver AK, an IMI UZI model B and a bunch of custom shop colt 1911's i personally saw (each no less than 2000 a piece). I get a real uneasy feeling knowing a truckload of AR's are probably on the black market in Orlando and surrounding areas. All this after multiple stories on the news of armed home invasions, muggers killing cops at the ATM, etc.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  4. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

For fucks sake, if its semi-auto, its not an assault weapon.

5. MTech

MTech New Member

I TOLD YOU GUYS NOT TO POST THE IDEA OF STEALING GUNS FOR THE GUN BUY INS!!! :rofl: