Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Can you play as nightcrawler?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Boomdart, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

The whole game I've been waiting to play as him, especially since his scene when he was captured teleporting around killing people like it was easy as hell for him.

I thought I just rescued him, jean grey died because I chose nightcrawler first...and he was supposed to have gone back to the base but I can't find him or choose him, and everyone around the base says he's still captured or something.

Already started the next thing, I'm as Asgard or w/e now but I saved just before I went there on another file just incase I missed something to get nightcrawler.

Been playing for hours now kinda worn out from all the button mashing :o

2. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Also, who'd you choose your first time around?

Most of them look fantastically homoriphic and I've never really been a comic book follower..

So I chose Wolverine and Spiderman because they're cool, and Iceman and the Torch because I figured both of them would have some kick-ass attacks, and they do, but iceman seems a little pathetic.

3. kaldurak

kaldurak Gimme some sugar baby.

oh, there are other people in that game other than Deadpool?

4. W3rd

W3rd New Member

I forget how to get him, but I think you have to beat the game once. Or maybe he's DLC? idk

5. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

You can't play as him.

6. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Is this true?

:squint::squint::squint::squint::squint::squint: :squint::squint::squint::squint::squint:

Ever since the NES x-man game where you could play as nightcrawler, he's always been my favorite. even if he was kinda faggy in whichever xmen movie I did see (i forget which it was)

That fucking blows. I'm having a hard enough time trying to be interested in this comic-book-world story, luckily the gameplay reminds me so much of Streets of Rage that the story doesn't matter at all to me I just like running around killing shit :o

edit: just googled it...apparently you can play as him in the Gold Version on the Xbox 360...but not on the PC version, at all...

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

7. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I tried him first before iceman, but I just didn't like the way he fought so I switched him out.

Also, is Blade a marvel comic character? I unlocked him in the arcade... I just thought he was from that movie...blade.. :o

8. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

[y]fZ0myfZlR1g[/y]

:bowdown: :35 - :38

9. Slurms McKenzie

Slurms McKenzie New Member

He's DLC ...retards.

Wait you saved Jean? You're supposed to save Nightcrawler retard.

10. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I said I saved Nightcrawler.

Jean fell to her death.

Then doctor red guy or whatever revived her, and after you "solve his puzzle" and resurrect jean, she attacks you. then she sacrifices herself to kill dr. red guy. she says something about only being an echo and that she can't come back to the real world or something.

What does DLC mean?

11. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

:rofl:

12. LifeBurnsFaster

LifeBurnsFaster New Member

Wolverine and Deadpool both regenerate health, good idea to have at least one of them on your team.

Human Torch has some of the better ranged attacks in the game, don't remember much about Ice-man. The Thing and Colossus were nice to have too.

13. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Yeah, Human Torch is pretty bad ass. His +stats bonus on his second costume (i think, might be his first) makes him pretty strong too, he was weak like iceman before I started putting points in it.

Wolverine is strong as fuck, and has only died once for me when he dimwittidly walked on top of the spikey rolly thing in the murderworld. instant kill that was, actually spider man and the torch both walked on it too. sometimes the AI is just worthless. sometimes also seems like you'd do just as well with just one character, they just don't seem to do much damage if you're not controlling them...on aggressive or not.

now that i know you can't play nightcrawler (i'm using the PC version) I kinda lost interest in the whole game :o I'll get over it and get back into it...but I still played way too long this morning and not ready for a button mashing frenzy yet :o

14. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Silver Surfer, Thor, Storm and Ms. Marvel is all you need. Just fly around and do their AoE thing and everything dies. Too easy.

15. gensix

gensix New Member

Ms Marvel, Torch, Wolverine, and whoever else. I picked Iron Man just cuz I'm a fan of his.

16. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

Iron man
    Capt. America
    Ghostrider
    Blade

Those were the 4 I used and fucking loved the shit outta that game.

17. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Silver Surfer is too powerful. You can probably solo the whole game just with him.

18. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Same here.

I can't wait to beat it and start over with new characters :o

I'm going to miss torch, ice man, spidey and wolverine. All the 3D cinemas have spidey and wolverine, as if they're good buds or something. I thought that was strange. I definably don't mind, my two favorite characters in the game just happen to be the ones used in the cinemas :o Unless the cinemas change depending on what characters you have (i really doubt that).

Each one on my team seems very powerful, ice man is weak in a fist fight but his polar explosion maxed out is pretty nice, so is spidey's uhm.. web attack thing that isn't the spin around one. wolverine's just an unstoppable killing machine. the torch has his good points.

I'm now 24 hours into the game, just destroyed the guns and moved the satellite on the flying ship thing.

19. Fareo

Fareo New Member

seeing as though Gambit was just unofficially announced im thinking..

Ironman - can fly
    Venom - brute strength
    Deadpool - can teleport
    Gambit - can ... well gambits just cool :cool:

20. gensix

gensix New Member

gambit can fly via his staff...he uses it like a helicopter. a skill taken directly from wolverine origins.

21. Fareo

Fareo New Member

*add that one to the reasons i havent seen that yet ... :ugh: