MMA Martial Holidays: Getting more personal with your skills

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sirc, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Always looking to hone my craft... man, I was about to type out "bone my craft." I've spent too much time with my brother these few weeks... Anyway, always looking to hone my craft, I try to find different ways to incorporate my martial arts skills into my daily life. Whether it be threatening other drivers on the road, practicing hook punches at abortion clinics, closing doors with back kicks or turning off the shower with front kicks, I'm always looking for more ways to constantly be training.

Some people think that holidays should be for being nice and singing songs and being gay or whatever. But no, that's just bullshit. There should never be a reason why you SHOULDN'T be kicking ass and taking names. Granted, most of you can't kick ass and sometimes I wonder how you keep breathing without being reminded, but still, kudos on the effort. Keep trying, one day you'll get to the top shelf.

Always looking to assert physical and intellectual dominance over family members, these last few days have been very giving. Most of the year I try to avoid my family. Some of them i manage to avoid for several years at a time. What I'm saying is I should have a black belt in ninjutsu for this. This is real ninja shit. None of that shitty running around in your pajamas bullshit. No, avoiding your family for years on end even at family holiday reunions while still making them all fear and respect you? THAT is ninja. This year however, I decided to be a little more active in my family.

I have a pair of uncles that are relatively close to my age, only about 6-8 years older than me. Growing up they always picked on me. They were always bigger and were into sports like wrestling and basketball. So growing up my uncles would beat me up and pick on me. As they got older and gave into society's pressure and gave up all the things that made them happy so they could work 80 hours a week, they gave up wrestling, boxing, etc. This year they asked me, "...do you still practice kung fu or whatever?" to which I replied, "...umm... I don't think I ever did kung fu."

The message was clearly a challenge or something, because my older uncle picked up my boxing glove set and said that he and I should spar. Now mind you, I've been practicing very very hard and upping my training for the last year while he's been wasting away his spirit and getting fat on working for the last 8. He's somewhere around 230lbs now and really shouldn't be putting his heart through this kind of trouble. Up until last night, I hadn't done boxing with him since I was about 10 years old, but that wasn't so much boxing as it was getting my ass kicked. I tell him that he probably doesn't want to do this, which only makes him more eager to do so. He threw some punches at me which I easily maneuvered away from via head and body movement I've been working on for the last 6ish months. I hit him with a body shot and a straight left after he was tiring from throwing useless jabs and crosses that did nothing but hit air. He was done after my straight left hit him hard enough to daze him. I can't tell you the supreme amount of bullshit testosterone I was basking in from that. It was a long time coming.

My other uncle, who was a regionally ranked wrestler in middle school, found out I had been doing judo and wanted to wrestle me. He is 6 years my senior, I believe and about 100lbs heavier than me. He attempted a single leg which I countered with a sprawl and worked my way into a no-gi harai goshi variant that landed him in side mount into a crucifix (thank you Omega) neck crank. It was quick and it was beautifully fun. I fought the urge to slap him and making him say uncle.

This got my cousins into wanting to wrestle so for the next two or so hours, I played grapple with my 5-6 year old cousins and when my 15 year old brother wanted to play, I had him in s-mount and beat his face in with a pillow, then allowed my cousins to beat his face in with a pillow.

Oh the holiday cheer, how I punched you in your stupid face. Holiday cheer is nothing more than self-serving bullshit to make you feel better. This was my holiday cheer, kicking the shit out of family members and then getting my ass kicked by 6 year old children. Fuck yeah. Merry Christmas, assholes.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

Regionally ranked wrestler in middle school?

Now that's hard core.

3. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

My family was poor and we couldn't afford to go to the state stuff, not that he could win or anything, but he wasn't bad, just not super excellent.

4. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

cliffs. not reading walloftext

5. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

big joke.. beat his uncle up.. silly joke

6. jeffreyliu838

jeffreyliu838 New Member

Cliffs, bro.

7. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

Cliffs: you have security issues