COMIC Mark Millar's making Kick-Ass the movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by kurupt, Jun 21, 2008.

1. kurupt

kurupt Active Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16892

And as quick a turnaround "Wanted" has had since being optioned for the screen, Millar is already knee-deep in his next movie adaptation, a live-action version of he and John Romita, Jr.'s Icon series "Kick-Ass" which is heavily rumored to be co-written and directed by "Stardust's" Matthew Vaughn.

"I'm working as a producer on ['Kick-Ass'] as well, so I've been involved for about eight months, believe it or not," the writer said. "The comic didn't come out until February, but we made the deal on the movie back in December. The script was finished six months ago, and it starts filming on location in New York in August. So it's moving really fast."
    In terms of the talent involved, Millar played coy, but did note that all the pieces had fallen into place to make "Kick-Ass" er...kick-ass. "The casting's all been done, and everything's all in line now with that. There's two big names attached, which I can't mention so we can get on the cover of 'Variety.' And now we've got everyone. The kids who show up at the end of issue #3 - we just cast the girl, and that was a really tricky one because we needed to find someone who could do martial arts stuff. So the whole movie's ready to role."

2. GhostRidah

GhostRidah Call Kenny Loggins because you're in the danger zo

:eek3: :eek3: I just hope it turns out kick ass

3. TUNNGE

TUNNGE New Member

:bowdown:

Knew that wouldn't take long. Hope it's as awesome as the series.

4. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

It's only three issues in :rofl: :bowdown:

5. AgGoNy

AgGoNy Active Member

so awesome!