MIL Marines LCpl's and below -MCI's

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TRN, Sep 9, 2008.

1. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

If you devil dogs plan on picking up Cpl you better make sure you have the Leading Marines MCI completed.

Failure to do so will result in you being a non-rec.
    MarAdmin 370/07

[move]Effective Oct. 1, 2008[/move]

2. WildBull

WildBull Guest

wow, seriously? We must need more sweepers or something.

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I did two, and the rest I used my college credits. Picked up Corporal, ordered some additional MCI's. I got package of like 5 books the thickness of a mattress. I have until December, so I said fuck that. Threw it away. I hope they don't ask me where it is. :noes:

4. EYOB

EYOB Guest

What about new joins?

Instead of waiting for Drill Weekend, on the 20th of this month, do you know where I can get additional info, so I can contact my junior Marines and make sure their on it. Not that I don't trust you or anything, I just need to have a verifiable source, and I don't feel like contacting my CoC right now. But if you're sure and don't have some type of source, website maybe (is it on MOL?), I guess I might have to contact my CoC to make sure it's been taken care of.

5. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

What do you mean additional info?

Are you talking about verification they did it? They should be able to show you off the MCI's site.
    http://www.mci.usmc.mil/newmci/
    Or even MOL...

If you mean proof they must complete it it is in the MARADMIN in the orginal post.

6. EYOB

EYOB Guest

The latter, MARADMIN

7. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

already done i got 2 more to do so i can get the 100 pts towards cutting score

8. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Hey there Devil, come here....

9. usmcdevil

:rofl: these fuckn boots ugh they are disgracing the corp.

10. Slutmonger69

Slutmonger69 New Member

Anyone know what MCI's to order? Does it matter?

11. usmcdevil

ahh finally i just got my cutting score 1468 with 5 mcis done my mos score is like 1443

12. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

Here's all you need to know about leading marines:

Speak. Trust. Verify. Then yell.

13. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

My favorite part :mamoru:

14. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

I seriously think I was one of the last Marines to get promoted to CPL without doing ANY MCIs. And I didn't have any college credits turned in either. Granted it took me 4.5 years to get promoted(partially bc I was in a NCO top heavy reserve unit) but at the time I pretty much refused to do them.

What are your guys' opinions on MCIs?

15. Pusan

Pusan New Member

Waste of time that higher seems to think gives knowledge to Marines.

16. StuDLei

That was my whole thing. My 1stsgt actually tried to make everyone in the company do their MCI's before we deployed back home from Iraq. Even guys like myself that were getting out and had technically been out of the Marine Corps before we even left to go overseas. Huge mistake IMO. So many guys get promoted simply because they are average(at best) Marines, but because they did their MCIs they make the cutting score. Its so stupid..my biggest issue with it is CPLs getting promoted to Sgt because of shit like this. They aren't anywheres near Sgt material but they have the points, and in higher ups eyes they are good candidates simply because theyve done MCIs. I dont understand this mode of thinking whatsoever..it really irritates me. Its kind of been a hoop Ive refused to jump through for the Marine Corps. I have the points now...but haven't fully completed the 8000 series so Ill probably get non reced. Im on termianl leave though:wiggle:

17. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Well that's part of being a Marine. If you don't want to get promoted, don't do your MCI's. If you can't take the initiative to something that "insignificant", then you don't deserve to be promoted. That's just how it is.

18. StuDLei

I understand, like I said its a hoop that Ive kind of refused to jump through. What Im saying is the whole system with MCI's is fucked. Poor Marines get promoted simply because theyve done MCI's. You could be an expert shooter and have a 300 pft...and be an outstanding Marine and you will not get promoted if you haven't done your MCIS..which are next to fruitless IMO. On the other hand a very mediocre Marine with a low pft and rifle score can and most likely will get promoted as long as he has his 100 points from MCIs.

THAT is jackassery.

19. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

oh well, just do your MCI's, get promoted. It's not rocket science.

20. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I think he's saying he's operating on a principle, not because the level of difficulty.

I think he's right. I've already admitted that I'm a shitbag, and I picked up Corporal for doing MCI's and not fucking up too much. Then again, I've been in the Reserves for 5 years, had a 1st class PFT, and an expert rifle score.

21. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

I got it right before my 4 year mark, and what is another 6 months :bigthumb: That is about how long it should take in the reserves with the 6 year contracts.

I think MCIs are worth doing for people that can't think for themselves and need to be reminded shit from SOI, but I felt that I didn't need to do them.

22. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

the pro/con system is fucked up, that should account for 90% of the point system.

23. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

I did a couple of the math MCIs for shits and giggles. also spelling and a few of the other dumb shit ones. Never got around to doing the leadership or any of the cpl MCIs.

24. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

That is a failure on the commands part.

Simply meeting the cutting score doesn't mean you do/should get a recommended for promotion.

If a Marine doesn't have what it takes to earn that next rank what ever it may be...they should be non-rec'd but that requires some paper work and it's all too easy to just let it happen and not do their job (NCO's & SNCO's).

I believe Marines can indeed gain knowledge from the MCI's IF they actually take the time to honestly do it rather than copy off a friend or what ever. At the very least though it does speak for that individual’s initiative.

25. StuDLei

I see what you guys are saying. Its not like these Marines are complete shitbags that deserved to get nonreced. Its just the caliber of the Marines that get promoted now isnt always on par with what used to be. Im having a hard time trying to explain this.
    YES, I could have just done my MCIs...I realize this. But you have to understand the situation I was in. My contract ended in Nov 2007. I was training on active duty(Im reservist.) at the time for about 3 months. Left for Iraq late January...my time is up..Im supposed to be out. I was so against 1stsgt trying to force us to do MCIs....thats just rediculous. So I guess it was a way of rebelling against the system that I totally disagree with.
    Now, if you actually had to do the MCI's the way I think they are intended by taking a test and all that shit I would be okay with the system regarding points.
    Basically don't label me as a shitbag who doesn't do his MCIs. Im not a shitbag and I actually got alot of respect for my stance on MCIs:fawk: