MIL Marines IT/Computers?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by repda916, Dec 29, 2007.

1. repda916

repda916 New Member

Im 16 and want to become a Marine. Im really into computers and figuring things out. I just want to know if the MARINES has a It/Computer Side. I know I need to read up more but if someone can answer this Q for that would be great.

Also i heard you can take a Class in Highschool (jrotc) what does this Class/what ever it is do to help me?

2. ecofire

ecofire Member

Yes, the Marines does some computer work too. I don't know much about it, but I was at the range with 2 guys in that field of work and they got prommoted to corporal a month after they picked up lance corporal. So it is pretty cool from that point of view too.

As far as what JROTC gets you, have know idea.

3. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

yes, they're called COMM platoon. They're a bunch of nerds who play WOW and think they're hardcore. They fix computers, printers, and replace ink cartridges occasionally.

4. jenzos

jenzos Marine Corps, brb.

03xx, son... Sorry I had to. :)

You got a few more years. start getting in shape now. I have been getting ready for like 1 month now leaving in 28 days and wish I started sooner.

Take the ASVAB now if you can. see waht you get. Take it again when your ready in 2 years it should go up.

I don't know anything about JROTC it always seemed like a bunch of nerds. Who wanted to feel tough in high school. bleh.

5. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

JROTC gets you good if you go into college ROTC and if you complete that and become an officer, you wont be doing anything technical with computers/IT for your main job

and no im not a marine this is just a basic rundown

6. Pusan

Pusan New Member

i cant log into the niprnet come fix it

7. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

Marined IT's do the same kind of shit Navy IT's do except get a 56x bigger budget. And they get all kinds of cool toys. Plus if you get stationed to a MEU or some shit riding a ship, you can basically consider yourself unemployed since anything that goes wrong you can just say is a network problem then pass it off to the navy guys who are responsible for the network infrastructure.

8. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

COMPUTER NO WORK, MARINE SMASH, MARINE ORDER NEW COMPUTER FROM COMPUTER STORE!

9. repda916

repda916 New Member

Where can i take the ASVAB?