MIL Marines former and active get in here.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yardiewrx, Aug 22, 2006.

1. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

A friend of mine who was in the corps with me were having a discussion about bootcamp the other day, and I was telling him about my experiences and he was telling me about his. I was in 3rd battalion and he was in 1st. Anyway the point is I was telling him about all the fights we had in our platoon. In my bootcamp platoon we fought each other everyday. After lights out there were always fights. During the day, in the shower, and right in front of our D.I.'s. Our D.I.'s even encouraged it somewhat, a kid ran to the seniors house and he was yelled at and told to handle his problems like a man. Now my friend was amazed and said nothing like that ever happened to him. My question is did this happen during your training or is this not common?

2. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Not common

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

:hsd:

4. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

1st Battalion

The only real violence I can remember was during range week. We didn't get along at all with one of the other platoons in our company. One day we had our rifles stacked while we police called or something and the other platoon came by. Somehow (I really don't remember) some of our stacks got knocked over.

It basically turned into mayhem. There were recruits shoving and slugging all around with a few of us playing capture the flag trying to get each other's guideons. One of our guys managed to get their guideon and looked like he was about to stab someone with it :eek3: Luckily he was stopped and the situation was controlled real quick by the D.I.s.

I think they only let us go at it about a minute...maybe less.

Not much happened because of it except more visits to the dirt and quarterdeck.

There were talks of giving one recruit a blanket party for generally sucking and bringing us down with him, but the damn Senior got wind of it somehow and laid out very dire warnings against it.

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Your D.I.'s were unprofessional and shitty NCO's.

6. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

Maybe my di's were just fucked up. I even remember when another recruit would come on to our deck we would yell "freeze recruit or die!" one time the guide from the platoon above us wouldnt shut up when we yelled that so our hard hat told us to fuck him up if that ever happens again make sure you fuck him up. It happened again and he got fucked up.

7. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I think the other platoon was trying to teach your platoon to gaurd the weapons more securely....

Unless they were being gaurded by 2 recruits and were overcome by 2 or more recruits from the other platoon.

8. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

they were guarded. who knows what caused it...it was over 11 years ago and it's just a funny memory now.

9. EYOB

EYOB Guest

We only had one bad incident in Boot, near graduation. There was one recruit who obviously didn't try hard enough in Boot and everyone knew it.

I remember he was taken a shit when he wasn't supposed to and some of the other recruits tried to rough him up and pull him out while he was still taken a shit.

There was a sharp drain cover sticking out of the ground, and in the scuffle he recieved a bloody gash on his leg, and started ranting about telling the Battalion CO about the incident.

It seems the Senior DI was spooked by this ranting, and tried to drop 3 or 4 of the recruits involved in the scuffle to try and save his own ass. Then right when it seemed he was actually gonna drop em, he said, he wasn't able to since they were so close to graduating.

Too bad they couldn't do that for me. :wtc:

I got dropped a day after the Warrior's Breakfast, and had to do all of Camp Pendleton again, mainly because I didn't have the physical endurance and competence to endure Boot Camp properly.

The first sign of me having a hard time in the Marine Corps is when the Doctors at MEPS pulled me aside from everyone else and asked me if I was sure about joining the Marine Corps. I gave them a puzzled look and said yes. That was the end of the conversation, which I didn't understand at the time, but understand well now.

Cliffs: We only had one recruit get fucked up in our platoon

10. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I've never failed a PFT, I usually get first class.

I'm 6'5" and weigh 170 lbs.

I'm a scrawny motherfucker. :sad2:

While in the Crucible I didn't fall out, I just fell behind.

11. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Oh

12. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

I was the only one that fought anyone in our platoon ... everyone else just talked about it ...

After it happened ... i was threatened with being dropped back to the beginning or getting kicked out ... none of it happened though ... ended up graduating as a PFC ... :dunno:

13. djbuzzfuzz

djbuzzfuzz OT Supporter

You GODDAMNED RIGHT WE HAD FIGHTS!!!!
    Towards the end of BC i fucked this piece of shit up with one of those travel cans of edge shaving creme in a fucking boot sock.This mofo was always pissing in the rack and me and my squadleaders had to change is linen.Towards the end of BC while everyone was studying for final prac app. at around 0230 we struck....... SWIFT......SILENT.........DEADLY!
    He ended up getting dropped like 1 week before grad because he couldnt stop crying whenever he started to tell his side of the "story" Everyone knew who did it and NOONE said shit.
    Same kid didnt shower for like 2 weks and the senior made me and my squadleaders scrub his pasty white ass with one of those green scratch pads and some ajax looking white scouring powder.I think that shit was for the sinks.He ended up going to med. because one of us scrubbed the same spot for like 10 mins.

THUMPIN THIRD BATTALLION FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING NGYUEN! MCRD Sanddy eggo

14. EYOB

EYOB Guest

:hsugh:

15. EYOB

EYOB Guest

:ugh:

16. djbuzzfuzz

djbuzzfuzz OT Supporter

Said the shower shoe

17. EYOB

EYOB Guest

:rofl:

That's the dumbest quote I've ever heard.

:wtf:

18. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Some have more conflicts than others.

I think we had maybe two the entire time.

19. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

:werd:

20. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

Damn my platoon must have been anarchy. There was at least one to two fights a day.And I dont meant pushing and shoving. Haymakers were being thrown. I myself faught a few ignorant fucking rednecks as well, and I even fucked a kid up with a fotlocker tray. The day before the crucible we had one of our recruits snap. Recruit Blake wrote about 5 people names down and one by one beat the shit out of all of them. Our whole platoon got pitted like crazy because of it because he really fucked them up. Our senior had to tell the CO a bunch of bullshit lies.

21. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

In my boot camp at Fort Sill (just graduated recently) some guy called me a pussy so I choke slammed him right down. DS came in and smoked the whole platooon because of it. Some people got mad at me but other people cheered because they didn't think anybody would ever start anything. ;)

22. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Glad to see the Corps instills a sense of professionalism and self-discipline in new Marines. :rolleyes:

23. EYOB

EYOB Guest

So your saying Terrorism doesn't work at all ??

You kick someone's ass to let them know not to fuck with you.

/