MIL marines and college

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by usmcdevil, Nov 20, 2007.

1. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

i was wondering how easy it would be for me to get back to college and get the degree during my enlistment. it would be more than likely online courses maybe going to a class. I just want to get a degree; anyone with knowledge in this area let me know

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

depends on your unit and job but most likely it's not going to happen. if you have a lot of downtime you might be able to swing doing the homework and reading but if not you're fucked.

the air force is better at this, they make you sign up for classes that go towards credits. in the marines we only have MCIs.

3. usmcdevil

ehh im just about a year in and still havent hit my unit yet but thats coming up in about 2 weeks. my job is an O-level CH-46 airframer (hydraulics and metal forming) it could also depend on which crew i am hmm night crew would work better for this. the MCIs really only goto your promotions which i should get on i need to get some done. hmm i guess ill have to wait for my unit to figure this shit out.

4. AltimaNX

AltimaNX New Member

Get picked for mecep and you get active duty pay to go to college. Guy I went to boot camp, Rindt, did that shit, and my training nco sgt runyon just got selected.

5. usmcdevil

thats also saying that you want to become an officer which right now the only way i would was if i was reenlisting but i have 4 more years to think about that

6. AltimaNX

AltimaNX New Member

touche'

7. Jbeanz

Jbeanz OT Supporter

Your not going to be night crew since you'll be nugget , and unless you go to a training squadron expect to deploy withing a year to iraq or on a MEU , its gonna be basically impossible to do online classes while deployed. I'm deployed on a MEU now with an 46 squadron and they do offer college classes but there small , fill up quick and there are not many options what so ever.