MIL marine uniform question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by snoodles, Apr 22, 2009.

1. snoodles

snoodles New Member

so commissioning is coming up and i need uniforms. at ocs we were visited by all the vendors. anyone had any good/bad experiences with one in particular? recommendations who i should buy from?

i'd like to be commissioned in the dress blue-whites, anyone know how much it'll probably run? i tried calling some places, but they either a) wouldn't tell me the prices (dunno why) or b) just flat out told me not to worry about it because they wouldn't sell to me since i wasn't commissioned yet (i think it might have been the exchange?)

2. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

i bought all my good uniforms from marlow-white

3. flytojungho

flytojungho ...

don't you need all the uniforms before graduating OCS?
    In navy OCS, we had no choice when it came to our uniforms... We bought everything that they gave us from the exchange.

4. thesuperlurker

thesuperlurker yes i know i have few posts... you arent the first

I got all my uniforms so far from the TBS Uniform Shop. The pants and coat look exactly the same as what the Marine Shop has. I don't know know much about the Mameluke Shop but they evidently have some body scan system to get your measurements.

What I have seen as a difference between the TBS Uniform Shop and the Marine Shop is that the Marine Shop has nicer frames for the cover. They have like this felt material whereas the TBS Uniform Shop is like a leatherette or something.

Do not buy your accessories from the MArine Shop as they are the same ones as anywhere else (they are all Officer Equipment Company brand) but they cost more .

My Blues from the TBS shop didn't fit correctly the first time but they fix everything for free (all the shops do this) while you are at TBS. TBS Shop is also like a 3 minute walk from the barracks so that makes getting things fixed easier than having to drive to Mainside, especially since many times you get secured after the stores are already closed, meaning the 30 minutes you have for lunch is the only time you can get something taken care of.

I just bought my sword two days ago since we had sword manual today. I bought that from the TBS Uniform Shop as well, although I'm not really sure if it is the best place. During the uniform brief all the companies were saying theirs was better. Uniform Shop was the cheapest so I rolled with it. You can order them directly from Marlow White online for $50 cheaper but then you'd have to pay to get your name engraved so it balances out.

Sword and all the shit for it was like $700. Here is the price list for all the uniform items http://www.usmc-mccs.org/uniforms/downloads/USMCUniformCatalog.pdf .

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Congrats on the commission.

5. snoodles

snoodles New Member

Not when you do the PLC program through college. If you do a direct commissioning path, then yes you do have to have all of them.

Thanks for the info/help lurker.