MIL Marine Bootcamp Essentials list?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AustinL911, Mar 10, 2007.

1. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

My cousin signed up for the Marines a few weeks ago, and ships out to Paris Island at the end of this month. I'm just looking to make it as tolerable for him as possible. I'm sure I've seen them on this forum before, but is there a list of essential things he should take with him to bootcamp? What things did you have/want to have in bootcamp that made/would make life easier on yourself?

:bigthumb:

2. USMC7684

USMC7684 OT Supporter

There isn't much your allowed to bring to bootcamp with you. The only things I can think of are bibles, address books and what not. Other than that they aren't going to let him bring anything else.

3. J

J Active Member

your papers and the clothes on your back

4. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

a pair of balls. brass preferable.

5. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Nothing.
    You can't bring anything in with you when you go.
    Any food or things you send will be put away with the DI's and they will probably be able to eat it towards the end of their training.

That being said, just write letters and what not. Its always nice to get mail.

6. Mangos

Mangos New Member

if you want, OT will do that for you :x:

7. JayC71

JayC71 Guest

Don't worry about brains, he won't be needing those for a few years.

8. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

:hsd:

truf

9. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

:rofl:

10. eter

eter New Member

a bunch of lube

11. Kazzander

Kazzander I only got this for the search.

I was a Marine recruiter less than a year ago, and here's what you can bring:

A wallet, with your driver's license or state-issued ID, and your SS card, and no more than $20 cash (this is for getting food if you have a delayed flight or bus ride)

A small address book

Civilian glasses (contact lenses are not allowed at boot camp)

Any religious materials that are REQUIRED to practice your faith. This includes things like small prayer bibles, saint medallions and rosaries for Catholics (don't wear them -- if you must have them on your person at all times, keep them in one of the shoulder pockets *if allowed*)

Any medications currently prescribed to you -- the caveat is that they must be meds that have been declared by you at the MEPS station. A list of meds you are authorized to have with you is generated and included in your package. If you show up with a med that's not on that list, it gets tossed.

If you happen to be married and have a simple wedding band that you CANNOT live without for three months, take it with you but keep it in your foot locker. Chances are pretty good your drill instructor won't let you wear it anyway, but you wouldn't want to in the first place -- you WILL destroy your ring by wearing it through boot camp.

That's it. Those are the only things you should take with you. You do not need to take anything else; everything you need will either be provided to you, or you will be given a chance to visit the recruit store and use part of your first paycheck to purchase the things you need.

12. Awaken

Awaken New Member

The less you bring, the better. And wear something easy to take off...you'll be wearing what you were wearing the day you were born pretty quickly. =/

Make sure no one mails food, too...

13. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

One of the best things that was sent to me while in boot camp was socks. The ones you are issued shrink like a bitch and suck ass

14. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

like somebody already said, your papers and the clothes on your back. everything else you might need like letter writing gear, you can get when you go on a PX run