SRS Marijuana...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 5secstrtcar, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5secstrtcar

5secstrtcar Spot you 10, give you the move and still hand you

I am becoming addicted. If that is even possible. I am getting to where I smoke before work, on breaks, and when I get back home.

I love being high. Everything seems better high.

I just dont want to go overboard.

Its better than drinking in so many ways. I used to drink alot of 151 Bacardi but got sick of being agressive and hung over.

I guess I am just wanting to know if you guys think I am heading down a bad road.

I am fighting getting the bong out.:noes:

2. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

Heres that thing... It probably isn't quite as bad as some other things you could be doing, but it means you are a slave to something.
    Nobody wants that.
    Good Luck.

3. Shifty Capone

Shifty Capone New Member

its only habitual, just sit down and have a serious thought about why you do it, why you want to do it, and why you have to do it. It seems you're only doing (to me anyways) to deter an alchohol...preference. Just take a week break, see how you feel.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
  4. Placenta Pasta

Placenta Pasta rb25det powered

I have had the same problem on and off for 5 years. I don't smoke ciggerettes but its starting to damage my lungs all the same as it has alot more tar. I think it's best to do it maybe once or twice a week maximum if you have to smoke it..

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

For someone who's addicted, moderation is impossible. This is how it was for me, I either smoke it everyday, just about all the time, or I didn't smoke it at all. The middle of the road was definitely not an option.

6. 5secstrtcar

Thats how it feels.

Thanks for the feed back.

7. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Yeah, no problem. Actually I was going to respond to you earlier in a slightly more elaborate form, or I thought I did actually but maybe my post didn't work, stupid internet, anyway... it'll follow in my next post.

8. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Of course is it possible, an addict can be addicted to any kind of drug, and/or feeling. I was definitely addicted, I could quit for periods of time, but then I'd end up smoking again and go right back to everyday/3 times a day.

I thought this at one time too.

That's very understandable

This statement implies to me that it's possible you have a drinking problem. If you have a problem with alcohol, you're going to have problems with drugs too (weed included!) I suggest you look in the sticky "Do I suffer from addiction?" and take the tests "Am I an addict?" and "Am I an alcoholic?"

You might be, the easiest way to find out would be to quit for a few days, then go to a meeting. You might be able to identify at either Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or Marijuana Anonymous. Chances are it might be easier to identify at MA or NA, but AA is larger and easier to find. Go to a few meetings to find out if you can identify as an alcholic or addict. I am suggesting quitting for a few days to get a clearhead so you can make this kind of call, if you cannot quit for at least a few days, then go to the meeting and ask someone to help you.

I was doing the same thing at one time too. Now I don't have to waste a bunch of money, and I'm happy just screwing around and being a somewhat productive member of society. Being an addict in active addiction is no fun.

9. 5secstrtcar

Very helpful.
    Thanks again.

10. unrealdigital

unrealdigital OT Supporter

My advice:
    It will be very hard to quit unless you change the people around you who smoke. Remember, its a social drug..you can't just walk into a liquor store and pickup a sack of ganja.

11. 5secstrtcar

I dont hang around anyone who smokes. My friends dont even smoke.
    I have been smoking heavily for about a month or so.
    I used to just do it when someone offered it to me. I just need to get a grip on myself and moderate this to a few times now and again.
    I used to like pills alot but realized it was bad. I am confident that I can corral this situation.

Moderation.:cool:

12. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Total Abstinence is better than Perfect Moderation

13. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

yeah, it doesn't really benefit you. and esp if your doing it by yourself... you may have a problem.

14. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

you cant get addicted to weed, but im alot like the thread starter the way i prefer it to drinking and what not. ive been smoking every day and i myself find it EXTREMELY hard not to smoke but at the same time, if you make it so you cant get it, you want it really bad but you dont HAVE to have it like coke or heroine. im gonna try and cut back to once a day or less ( i usually smoke at least 3 times a day) and havent smoked since i took an 8th 2 the head last night. as long as you purposely dont bring $ with you when you have the opportunity to buy a bag, your good to go, but if someone wants to smoke me up, i cant refuse free weed:hsd:

15. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I'd prefer if you do not speak for me, and others like me. I am an addict and I can easily get addicted to any drug or any feeling (including marijuana.) You're probably not an addict, so you didn't get addicted to weed, you're welcome to speak for yourself, but that's not so true for me and many other addicts like me. I pretty much had to have it, and I made sure to sell enough to always have money for it. These "don't bring your money with you" tricks don't work for true addicts, they'll always find a way to get high.

16. xlite

xlite New Member

I've been smoking marijuana for 5 years now and the thought never crossed my mind.
    I a heavy smoker too,i'm not addicted nor am i dependant marijuana.
    Think first before you take another hit...if it's affecting your daily life,friends or family i would suggest you just stop sucking on the glass pipe for your own good.

17. 5secstrtcar

18. TurboCory

TurboCory New Member

im having the same problem as you, i smoke all the time, i need to slow down.

19. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:ugh: this thread isn't about talking about moderation, it should be talking about abstinence. People who have drug problems need recovery - and recovery has nothing to do with learning how to use moderately. As a result, this forum is of no use to someone looking to "slow down" their usage.

20. dannycarey

dannycarey New Member

the hardest thing about marijuana is indeed its social nature; once you sink into the lifestyle, there's an entire alternative culture that you become initiated into, and those bonds and habits can be extremely difficult to break.

anything can become psychologically addictive in that if you associate happiness with it, your brain will pump out seretonin when you do it, hence an emotional dependency develops.

there are two ways of looking at this: 1)"those who fail to drink of the cup of experience will die of thirst in the desert of ignorance"; hence a hedonistic/existentialist veiwpoint. 2) discipline is the key to succes; hence drugs will limit your true potential.

these two views are equally valid, its just a matter of determining what's best for you. many people live a happy, successful life while doing their own thing the whole way. as a matter of fact drugies serve a societal function visible in the arts, philosophy, and literature. but a lot of people find altering conciousness a detrimental choice of lifestyle. as the Oracle of Delphi stated, "know thyself". determine what 'heats your tea', and then roll with the punches. because in the end, the only true sin is living a life that differs from how you FEEL; so find you niche and DO YO THANG!!

21. Lesion

Lesion Guest

Marijuana, one hell of a drug. Is it good for you? is it bad for you? Hell we don’t know but there are a few key points that were brought up here.

-Addiction

-Abuse (even though illegal you know what I mean though)

-And what you will do to get your twist.

I personally know a dude who might suck a fat one for some shrooms. don’t turn out like Aaron.

22. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

This thread is degenerating into a discussion about marijuana instead of addiction, that's not the point of this forum. PM me if you have a problem with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.