SRS Marijuana Addict.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by deznutz, Nov 17, 2003.

1. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I am still in High School and was a marijuana addict. Before i used to think very low about people who used marijuana. But i started doing it i guess to fit in, i thought only the cool people actually did it..as stupid as it sounds. With the death of a girl at my school, (who was only 16) i realized life is too damn short and shouldnt be taken for granted. For realizing this, i sold all my marijuana, my pipe..and i am currently smoke free. I dont smoke cigs cause they are gross and i threw away all my cigars. I still know a lot of "cool" people at my school do smoke, but i am happy to say i dont. I would rather be clean than deal with all the health problems later in life.

2. Dibblev1.0

Dibblev1.0 Guest

What health problems does marijuana cause?

3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Congratulations. It's really hard for most people, regardless of age, to admit what addiction really is. For some of us (myself included), I really am one who has an addictive nature, regardless of the substance.

A lot of people are like "you can't be addicted to weed, whatever, blah blah blah". These people are generally... umm... misinformed. Addiction in terms of physical withdrawal is rarely what people fear (but it does happen). Most commonly, fear of withdrawal if really related to emotional circumstances (i.e. if i stop smoking cigarettes,i'll get stressed out and want one and won't be able to have it...)

Anyways. i could go on for quite some time, but the jist of it all, is... congratulations, keep it up!

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

health problems by marijuana are really debatable. It's smoking - inhaling smoke = bad. The psychoactive side effects can be argued as positive or negative, but i would tend to go with the "neutral" opinion. For me, i got fat and lazy from smoking all the time. I also was more susceptible to sunburn.

5. Walama

Walama This is the mis-information age.

Go to this website for some solid information ;)

6. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

I'm the same way, be it with pepsi, alcohol, etc... I can get in trouble with myself for anything unfortunately

I laugh at the people who say you can't be addicted to weed... they say they can stop any time but don't even if they say they really want to stop, they just continue to do it... even though its more or less mental on that part, the drug can really take hold of you, and unfortunately, some people who smoke pot, eventually are just better people when they smoke pot, and to me thats an addiction. If they require it to sleep, to calm their nerves, etc, those aren't excuses...

what also gets me is the ones who say its a natural herb so it's not addictive

:rofl:

7. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Safe to say then that people are in denial about addiction being a mental aspect more often than merely chemical? Or is uninformed, or unwilling to believe more correct?

8. TheRemains

TheRemains If I sound disrespectful, it's only because you're

Most likely unwilling to believe. If you're mentally addicted to a drug you can tell yourself that you can quit anytime. But if you are physically addicted then it's your body vs. your mind.

9. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Really, each case is fairly different but it always breaks down to one of these two things, fear of withdrawal and denial. If i hadn't been in denial and hadn't feared withdrawal, i wouldn't have had to hit the bottom i did in order to try living a different way.

10. arc3 ange1

arc3 ange1 Never be bought, Never be sold

Then I'd suppose you'd laugh at me. I've smoked weed for a year, and have taken 3, 2 month breaks just for the hell of it and to tell myself I could stop anytime I wanted. And it's ALL mental, marijuana is not a physically addictive drug, and maybe some think that it's because it's natural that it isn't addictive..which is dumb in my opinion as well.

11. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

No, marijuana is not really physically addictive, it really pales in comparison to other narcotics.

You can be addicted to weed, man. It doesn't mean if you smoke it that you're an addict - noone is here to point fingers.

12. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

its possible I would, but more because I've heard it than anything. Not pointing fingers or anything, I just tend to get a kick out of these things now because I hear the same things over and over from a lot of different people, and I don't think that they really realize that they're saying it.

I agree, it's not a physically addictive drug, but for some reason it seems that people think if its not physically addictive, then it can't be addictive... however, the internet addiction thread started by Homan, is a very good example of another mental addiction :)

13. Askesis

Askesis New Member

Thankfully I've never been addicted to anything. I used to smoke, then just decided to stop one day. I had no cravings or anything. Same with weed, i just stopped, although I never smoked weed heavily.

14. Merkaba

Merkaba Men riding dragons throwing wolves at maggots....

great, read around, no glorification, thanks

~demon

15. Public Enemy Rated R

Public Enemy Rated R Sexobsessedpussylovinman OT Supporter

I've been smoking reefer for about 35 years and can quit at any time. :ugh:

16. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

:ugh: Out of the risks that site lists, most would occur with ANY form of smoking,the others:
    creates blackouts
    impairs driving skill, studies show brake response time is increased, concentration is decreased, risk taking is increased
    distorts peripheral vision, especially in first two hours after using.
    Marijuana Plays with the Mind

...are the exact reasons WHY people take it. I almost expected to see: "Risks: May cause highness".

If someone doesn't want to use marijuana, that's their choice, but that site is a joke.

17. Skofe

Skofe New Member

weed is not physically addicting, but its pretty addictive mentally. Im on hour 26 of not smoking weed.

18. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

I'm gonna be joining you in a couple days. Down to my last nug.

19. Walama

Walama This is the mis-information age.

:nono: Health problems are health problems nonetheless, that doesn't make the site any less valid. If you choose to smoke marijuana in the first place, you choose submit your body to certain potential hazards. The question was "what health problems does marijuana cause?" not "what makes marijuana worse than smoking/drinking/walking down a busy street?"

20. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Guest

:rofl: when I read the list I thought the same thing, what a joke

21. TylerF

TylerF Guest

I don't know what it's talking about "reduced sexual function". The best sex I've ever had BY FAR was when I was high...

Furthermore, marijuana, when injested by any method other than smoking, is not harmful. Tobacco, for instance, is harmful when chewed or eaten. Weed is not. This means that if it were regulated by the government, you could go buy a weed tea, get high, and not be at nearly the same risk as alcohal or tobacco...just saying....

22. numpster

numpster Guest

True story. However, thats only when you have a potential fuck. I've had many friends say that they cannot be bothered trying to pick up girls at parties etc, while stoned.

EDIT: I just remembered that my best friend said he sometimes cant be fucked fucking his gf. I think it is a individual thing. You're either lucky or unlucky.

23. bobert

bobert Guest

Marajuana only deceases sperm count, thats the only sexual side effect i know of.

24. koolaid

koolaid Guest

And its a myth. Marijuana dosnt decrease sperm count. :o

25. freshie

freshie New Member

i've smoked pot for 10 years now, and good luck with quitting man. I did for a few months but i actually enjoy it.

and that site is a load of shit btw, especially since it says "has 50% more tar per ounce than tobacco" :bsflag: