A&P Margaret Cho at UT Dallas (w/ EOS 300D, 56k warn)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by fliptight, Nov 7, 2003.

1. fliptight

fliptight Guest

Ok well we got Margaret Cho to perform at my university somehow and well i had brought my camera with me (actually, i always have it). there was surprisingly more than enough light on stage with their spotlights and if i had a zoom lens other than the EF-S one i couldve gotten some nice pics. so this is what i'm having to crop from:

[​IMG]

thank goodness the originals are at 3072x2048 so plenty of room for decent "zoom"/crop for the web

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

above shot at ISO 1600 then i realized um hey shutter speed is enough to get some at ISO 400

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the ISO400 shots are pretty nice and clean to me, this camera to me is very satisfying other than not having a telephoto lens =/ =(

anyway for a bit more info, a little USM was applied to each one (lens does seem a bit soft on far end) and im so far away from stage that i couldnt even get a good partial meter reading (too big area!). so i'm doing everything on Manual guesstimating the exposure. wouldve been nice to have a true spot meter at this time, i guess.

[​IMG]

and the stage before the start of the show. hope you guys enjoyed.

2. fliptight

fliptight Guest

oh yeah i forgot to add. she's fucking hilarious, her jokes are definitely not for turbo catholics and people who cant take jokes and cuss words. but if you're open-minding she's funny as hell, her performance is genius

3. Riva

Riva Guest

Nice nice! I love your camera!!!!

:-D

4. chansigril

chansigril not an og, just a g OT Supporter

cho rocks, saw her in philly. laughed hard. nice pics.