MMA Marcelo Garcia BJJ NYC

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kenny Dalglish, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

so.. i was going to go to renzo queens.. but marcelo opened up a school like 3 blocks away from my job..

those of you who have rolled/trained with marcelo.. i know hes amazing.. but what of his teaching abilities?

2. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

I've only done two days of seminars with him but he was great. He was able to relate a lot of the technical details that made each movement work very succinctly. He also conveyed his philosophy on approaching your individual game with clarity. On top of that the dude LOVES what he does and that's some infectious shit. :coold:

Chill fellow. :bowdown:

3. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

Great instructor. He's got the great balance of demanding perfection without being overbearing/condescending when you don't get it right. Don't expect him to be there every single class but he makes the vast majority of him. Super, super positive guy an doesn't say a bad word about a single person...he's a great example of a person and grappler. I highly recommend going there.

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

i might not switch over because hes been moving around every 3 seconds.... right?

5. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

thats the thing he moved to florida a year or two ago from studio x.. now hes back.. but his place in florida is still up and running.. no idea who runs it.. also i have no idea who the other instructors are in his ny place.. im gonna go check it out and see who the other instructors are.. the thing about renzo queens is that i know magno teaches every single class but the classes are only mon thur n sat.. where marcelos is all week and its actually cheaper.