SRS Many OT peeps may seem to have...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ruckutopa9, Feb 11, 2007.

1. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

Many OT peeps may seem to have good advice about this topic, ok so this girl I like (girls have a sixth sense so I'm guessing she knows too), so we are not dating or anything we sometimes hang-out and such, but every so often she would bring up stuff she didn't like about her EX and the previous guy she dated. So my question is what is everyones personal opinion on this matter? :hs:

2. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

make a move

/thread

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

the worst that can happen is that she says no, right? And then, unless you are a real dick about it (or go about it the wrong way when you ask her out) then you are simply back where you started. At the very least you will know where you stand.

4. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

yeah a slight blow to the ego, but after that. its over and done with.

5. Noparking

Noparking Platinum Member OT Supporter

nothing bad can really come from you trying to make a move at this point and it is worth a try

6. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

i agree with the other replies. her talking about her exboyfriends doesn't necessarily mean that you're friendzoned. just make a move-- ask to take her out to dinner

7. Virtualmikey

Virtualmikey OT Supporter

The only bad move here is not making one. If you think she's in to you and you don't do anything about it, now she thinks you are blowing her off, you get put into the friends zone, and you are fucked.

Either do it, or stop hanging out with her.

8. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

Okay kewl, now that I have everyones opinion, (before this thread) I did ask her out spontaneously, this girl is very very frikkin busy, if you wanna make plans with her you have to make it at least a week in advance so I was very surprised when she agreed to go out with me that night, so we went out to eat and she was all dressed nice, she actually wore a skirt and high heels and told me she hasn't worn a skirt and high heels in 10 yrs heh :). So we go eat and about 10 minutos into the dinner she starts feeling bad like sick awful, shivering and shaking (reminiscent of someone ODing but I know shes clean heh) , so I decide to do the "nice guy" :uh: thing and get our food and check and go. So I take her home and that was it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  9. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

Need some advice OT gods...:) Now whats everyones take on this?

10. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Don't count me as official advice, but the dressing up all nice seems to indicate that she did consider it a date and stuff, but then the freaking out and shivering thing? Either she was putting it on or it was real right?

And not sure about how the 'nice guy' move will go down. But good job making a move, maybe while you're waiting set up another date? What did she have to say about the whole night to you later on?

11. Aradia

Aradia New Member

yep. This is a good idea. Just cuz she felt bad and has issues with a few ex-bf's doesn't mean anything bad. I bring up my ex's ever once in a while around my boyfriend...I don't think it bothers him. It just pops into what ever it is were talking about. You will have to take some initiative there if you want it to work out. The fact that she wore the skirt, that whole thing...and she told you about not liking to wear them, is a good one. Probably felt a bit insecure about wearing it (did you tell her she looked pretty???!!!)

Hope this helps:hsd:

12. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

Yeah I told her that she looked extremely nice, she was also wearing glasses and I was like, "thats very nice/hot.." hehe :hsd:

13. Aradia

Aradia New Member

Good...that was deff the right move. Hope it works out, you need to have called her and asked if she's well :x: good luck

14. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

So out of the blue she calls me and wants to goto lunch, "miss extremely busy and cannot do anything spontaneous", lol, so we talk and I kinda did an asshole move and retracted my valentines offer because I tho' about it and she probably got scarred by her ex and did not want to celebrate it, so we goto lunch and I tell her what I was gonna do if she said "yes" and after that she was real excited and enthusiastic and wants to do it. I told her to sleep on it and if she still feels the same way then give me a call. Now this missy is giving me mixed signals, she says she doesn't want to lead me on but is willing to go out with me, and tells me she doesn't want a bf but we have intimate moments (no sex, just hugs/kisses, etc) it just seems like she wants to keep me in her back-pocket :squint:. Geez, I hate girls and their Jedi Mind tricks heh :big grin:. So whats OT's take on it?

15. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I don't see any mind tricks there. You can date people and kiss them without being in a relationship. If you only want her if you can have a relationship then don't waste your time. If not then just have fun and casually date her and stop overthinking things.

16. Aradia

Aradia New Member

take it slowly, enjoy it...don't force anything and see where it goes. Try not to have expectations. That runs me off from a guy everytime.

17. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: Getting all worried about "where things are going" after 1 date is a big turnoff. Stop caring and just try to have fun. If it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world. There are plenty more fish in the sea.

18. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

hmm, I really should stop overthinking things and just let it flow. Awesome, cool advice, THNX OT!!! :bowdown: