Manufacture Buy Back Title?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by The1Ash10, Mar 22, 2009.

1. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

I found a G37 that seems like a great deal, but it has a manufacture buy back title. I know very little about cars that carry this type of title, and I am just wondering if it would hurt my resale value down the line? Should I just stay away or is it not as bad as it sounds? :dunno:

2. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Probably a lemon car... I sure as hell wouldn't do it.

3. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

Why is that? From what I understand it's a problem with the Brake judder and pedal assembly. The car still carries the balance of the factory warranty....

4. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I dunno, brakes seem kinda serious to me :dunno:
    I don't know... as someone who is currently in the process of having a car lemon law'd, I feel damn sorry for the person who gets the car after me.

5. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

youre asking if its gonna hurt resale value? and youre asking if you should buy it....what do you think the next possible buyers gonna think when you go to sell it? the same thing your thinking

6. kackel champion

kackel champion faces always are changing lies and disguise for th

the title is not branded like that, btw. it's simply reported like that to carfax, autocheck, etc.

a manufacture buy back is basically a lemon like everyone else is saying. however, if the manufacturer has sorted out the issue and the vehicle has been repaired with parts that are not going to malfunction in the manner that the tsb suggests (or at all), then buying the car isn't all that bad of an idea

besides, we're talking about an infiniti here that you can take to an infiniti dealership under warranty. you can purchase an extended warranty that will cover those parts of the vehicle (and others) for longer should you so desire AND if you take the car to an infiniti dealership's service department for warranty work, there is a distinct possibility that you can get a loaner out of them while any warranty repairs are being performed

7. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

:coold: Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that the title was branded like a salvage...