MIL Mandatory h1n1 shot: is there any way around it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Ripper, Dec 6, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Wife was told that the h1n1 vaccine is mandatory but she doesnt want to take it. Is there any way around this?

2. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

I wish my division mandated it. Instead they gave them away for free to any civilians. I had to wait months for my flu shot, and never got my H1N1. Nurse said she had no idea when they were coming in for us.

3. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Take it from some one who has had novel H1N1 and MANY patients die from novel h1N1. There ARNT enough vents to go around for all the people who chose not to get the shot... and then develop ARDS. ARDS is REALLY hard to treat and has a high rate of mortality. Get the stupid shot.

Its not going to kill you or cause terrible life altering things.

That's my advice.. I am a Respiratory Therapist Student.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  4. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

yes say you have a runny nose. plenty of my friends got out of it that way

5. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

If it is the mist just squirt it out on the ground. That is what I did with my regular flu shot.

6. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

our medics adminstered it, no way out.....not h1n1, but the regular flu

no h1n1 yet

7. willijdub

willijdub New Member

did src friday, they were out. fail. i wanted the vaccine too.

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Yeah that's all of the media hype that you are buying into. Your more likely to die from the common flu or pneumonia then you are from H1N1. They have vaccines for both and I have never taken any of them. The likelihood of me or my wife contracting h1n1 let alone dieing from it are slim to none. Keep in mind the last time we had a swine flu vaccine in 1997 there were 25 deaths from the vaccine and only one death from the actual virus.

There is a lot of major concerns that haven't been addressed.
    1. the vaccine has been fast tracked by the FDA so there has been very little testing.

2. It will only be tested a few weeks on a few hundred adults and children which is no where near the testing standards normally mandated.

3. a baby is being given the same dose of the vaccine as a 280 lb man.

4. Many of these vaccines are coming from europe where some of the ingrediends are not approved here in the U.S. for use. Squaline for example.

I'm sorry but I would prefer to take my chances with swine flu then the vaccine. Considering many people in the health department are declining to take the shot I think I will side with them lol. This is the next sensationalized disease. First it was mad cow, then it was bird flu and now it is swine flu.

9. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Goodluck with that.. the problem with swine flu.. is that its affecting people who are most likly not going to get it either because they think they wont.. or because they dont think they waited long enough to test the vaccine or because they think its some sort of government conspericy.. or simply because they like to rebel... the novle h1n1 vaccine was tested and created the same way the yearly vaccine is. But if you want to take your chances.. more power to you.. the flu it self is mild.. I know I had it.. however.. ARDS is a real bitch.. it happens with novle H1n1 more so then the seasonal flu. It has a high mortality rate too.. sooooooo you dont want to get it thats fine.. but make sure you do more reasearch then just listing to what the news says.. and what your buddies tell you.

There is a reson why docs are pushing you to get it.. its not like the stupid antrax shot.

10. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

I just didn't show up.

11. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

I'm hoping my med group will release it to us soon. I have asthma and am one of the "high risk" categories. Right now they are only giving it to deployers. As for people being afraid of the vaccine, it's the same damn vaccine as the seasonal flu, just with the H1N1 strain of the virus in it. My 2 year old's pediatrician told me there's a high probability that H1N1 will be included in next year's seasonal flu shot, so if you refuse to get the H1N1 this year, but get a seasonal shot every year, you're gonna wind up with an H1N1 shot anyways. My wife got it out in Baghdad and said she had the same reaction she always gets with a flu shot. She felt shitty for a couple of days and was fine afterwards. If you're worried about the mercury in the shot, eat some damn cilantro and press on.

12. JSin

JSin New Member

You understand the fallacy in this thinking. You are being protected by the effect of herd immunity, not by your insistence to avoid it.

While I agree that H1N1 has been vastly overhyped, the effectiveness of vaccine's is simple biology and easily proven.

1. Everything is fast-tracked when it is needed. The Flu vaccine is fast-tracked every year. I fast-tracked a package to my house yesterday. Fast tracking does not equal bad.

2. Even if I were to believe this, its a vaccine, what type of major testing do you propose for something that needs to be discovered, tested and mass produced in a matter of weeks?

3. You don't understand how a vaccine works, the dose is the same for everyone with an immune system.

4. Oh no! Not Sqalene, a substance that ironically is naturally produced by and could be in you or your wife right now.

If only we had the option to give you swine flu to take your chances with it. :rolleyes:

13. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

i always just let the shit drain out of my nose, we get the nasal spray crap.

14. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

we had a pregnant lady with the swine flu :\ she did not make it either they could not keep her out of metabolic faliure. it was sad.

pregnant women are incurraged to get the vaccine because they are at high risk. If you are young and not a child but your not and old FART then you should get the shot.. or the mist.. Just do it.

15. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

wat

16. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

wife doesnt have to get it now because she is allergic to squaline

17. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

At one point the CDC was saying that it isn't really necessary for people over 25 to get the shot.

18. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

[​IMG]

19. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

he's a boy

you dog looks like those tiny hands people on the burger king commercials :rofl:

20. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

:rofl: you owe me a fucking keyboard, i spit coke all over mine

21. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Being right next to Chihuahua, Mexico we see a lot of chihuahuas. If I never see another one, it will be too soon.

22. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

lol awh.