GUN Man Suspected Of Shooting Officer Released

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 10, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sounds like a good shoot other then aiming to low.
    Man Suspected Of Shooting Officer Released

(AP) Anoka, Minn. Anoka County authorities have released without charges a man suspected of shooting and wounding an undercover Robbinsdale police officer.

Martin Treptow,35, says he fired to protect his wife and two toddlers inside the family SUV.

The Anoka County attorney's office says Treptow was released after Thursday's incident in Coon Rapids, but the investigation was ongoing.

Coon Rapids police say Treptow and a 27-year old officer in an unmarked car got into a dispute on the road. After angry words and gestures, Treptow pulled his SUV up to the driver side of the other car, stopped at a light. Treptow says as the driver got out of his, he pulled out a weapon.

"We're about three feet away from each other and he's pointing the gun at my wife, so it was a tough situation, where I couldn't drive away at that particular moment, I had to defend my family," Treptow said.

Treptow says the man was in street clothes and never identified himself as a police officer. With his wife in the passenger seat, Treptow fired three shots at the officer, hitting him in both legs and grazing his arm.

The 27-year-old officer was treated and released at a Minneapolis hospital for wounds to his legs and arm.

The man's two children were also in the vehicle at the time. He had a permit to carry a weapon.

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

They'd better drop the charges too. I heard about this earlier, pretty messed up.

3. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

4. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

lol at name of town. what an odd name

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

If the cop was on duty and the shots hit body armor the shooter could very well be dead today.

6. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

coon rapids lol

7. BROKE

BROKE Mr. Selfdestruct

cop had no right to whip out a gun just caus he was pissed, he got what he deserved

8. Werm

Werm Guest

It's local for me so I've seen it a few times on the news. It sounds like both dudes were hot heads. A situation that would never should have happened when you carry, by both of them.