Man so I either just met one of the most naturally gifted lifters, or a total BSer

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by PaddoK, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddoK

PaddoK Some dolphins get massacred, some dolphins get blo

I just met a guy today, who said he was a competing power lifter. I asked him where he lifted around here and he said he competed mostly in nevada and not in California (beats me)

He claims his sophmore year in HS he deadlifted 405 @ 103 lbs. He is now 142 lbs and has a 475 dead lift, 450 squat and a 380 bench.

This guy is pretty lean (no belly, but not ronnie cut) as well also like 5'10". Not your fatso powerlifting type. He seemed to know his stuff about power lifting as a sport, all the federations and shit. But man he didn't look that big to pull off those numbers. My jaw dropped when he told me

I asked him to give me some form critique monday after Wrestling practice, so I guess we will see :mamoru:

He said most people have decent deadlift form and have the most trouble on squats and bench press. I was a little :hsugh:

Does this sound like bullshit?

2. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Until I saw him do any of it, he's full of shit IMO.

3. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Wouldn't that be higher than IPF world records for that weight? Correct me if im wrong 'course.

4. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

It's not out of the realm of possibilities, but I'm usually skeptical of people who give nice round numbers that you can get with gym plates as their competition lifts.

5. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

Actually, try this on for size. Saw this guy's record squat in person

APF Texas State Records, 148 class

Squat - 804 (not a typo)
    Bench - 336
    Deadlift - 622

All by same guy. Pretty sure that's unofficial world record squat, don't know about the bench or pull. Your guy seems fairly legit now, eh?

6. forum95

forum95 Come see bout us OT Supporter

Squat and deadlift seem attainable by someone that size, bench on the other hand seems a bit out of proportion...

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

At 5'11" it might be possible ith the right shirts/suits then I might believe it but raw fuck no at that height and weight.

The deadlift is not all that unbelievable, I've got a budy who set the state record of 418lbs in some uber light weight class.

8. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Was this guy 5'10"? I'm guessing he was probably closer to 5'5".

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I guess it is certainly possible.

My dad still holds his high school squat record as a Junior @ 178lbs with a 605lbs squat.

My uncle did competitive lifting throughout much of his later teens and 20's and at 19 y/o put up 345lbs on bench @ 152lbs. (I think Preemo has that beat though or is really close).

And my junior year of high school I was doing competitive lifting for football and my numbers were 325 bench, 455 squat, 505 d/l @ 180lbs..... 17 y/o at the time.

Not trying to compare to the other guys' numbers, but I think people can really surprise you with the numbers they put up sometimes at a pretty early age.
    Hell, look at that guy that main posted vids of..... Sure he is a heavy guy, but at only 19 he is setting world records.

10. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

To me, the size seems like a bigger factor than the age but combining both together...DTR, not sure how tall you are but do you think you could have put those numbers up if you were ~38lbs lighter when you were 17?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.