GUN Man Says Gun Shop Owner Attacked Him

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 14, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Man Says Gun Shop Owner Attacked Him
    May 13, 2007 at 10:53 PM

By Chris Echegaray
    The Tampa Tribune

PINELLAS PARK - A handgun was accidentally fired inside the Knights Shooting Sports shop and its owner is accused of attacking a customer on Friday night, according to Pinellas Park Police.

Nicholas Slawkawski, 21, of Alachua County, drove with two friends to practice shooting at the Knights Shooting Sports, a shooting range in Clearwater.

Slawkawski placed his Colt Defender, with the clip attached, on the counter when an employee fired the gun, striking a candy machine. No one was injured, police said.

Slawkawski said the owner, Mark Martenfeld, pushed him from behind and threw a chair across the room. Slawkawski said he explained it wasn’t his fault and has filed charges against him.

“He has a temper,” Slawkawski said. “He almost pushed over the counter for no reason. I will go to every hearing and make sure I see it to the end.”

Efforts to reach Martenfeld were unsuccessful.

Police are investigating the case as a battery charge against Martenfeld and are referring the case to the state attorney’s office, according to Pinellas Park Police Department Captain Sanfield Forseth.

2. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

I'd be pissed if someone shot a gun in my business too...

Hopefully it's his first offence and they won't fuck with the guy's business...

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It wasnt the customer that shot it, it was an employee, and if it was my shop I'd bitch slap them both, customer for handing over a loaded weapon and the employee for not making sure it was clear.

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

why'd he assault the customer when his employee is the one who pulled the trigger? :ugh:

5. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

1) All guns are loaded at all times.
    2) Keep your booger hook of the bang switch.
    3) IT'S A MAGAZINE NOT A CLIP.
    4) Both the employee and the customer should have been punished for this.

6. Basic

Basic OT Supporter

:rofl: thats the range I go to, actually where the vending machines are is were the customers sit if the have a long wait for a lane

7. murph38_99

murph38_99 OG Silver Member

Me too. It's actually a pretty nice range, and thats also where most of the cops from the smaller municipalities go.