GUN Man protecting his cars from thief shot by police

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Apr 21, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.local6.com/news/8854925/detail.html
    "No citizen should arm themselves with a firearm and confront anybody in the middle of a field," Lemma said. "This is a tragic situation. It is a situation that probably could have been avoided if everybody was doing what they should have been doing."

WTF? Yes everyone should be a good victim

2. CString

CString New Member

it's kind of on the guy. it should be obvious that the people telling him to drop the gun are officers. if it's not obvious by their appearance then they should declare it. he should have gone ahead and dropped the gun to avoid being popped 3 times. but yeah, that quote you posted is :greddy:

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

:mad: What an ignorant fucking statement :rant:

That being said, that dude is a douche for having "fleet of sports cars" sitting out in a fucking field. :rofl:

You have $60,000,000 fucking dollars. Build a pole barn for fucksakes.

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

He should of dropped the gun :noes:

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah I can't blame the cops, guy should of dropped the gun.

6. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

Well, I wrote Mr Lemma this Email:

and got this reply:

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I can see how this could happen. It's dark, he's had people jump him there before, the cops maybe don't identify themselves and just shout "drop the gun". All he sees is a couple flashlights shouting at him to put down the gun, so he doesn't (I'm not sure I'd drop my weapon in that case either). It never says they identified themselves to him, just shouted commands at him.

We probably don't know enough to say who made what mistakes here.

8. CPipes

CPipes Shit definitely just got real!! OT Supporter

:werd:

9. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Man that sucks. To be shot on your own property by cops. Reason # 239587293482 i fuckin hate pigs. I seriously think that when you graduate police academy, you get a God complex. What's to say, if the cops didn't properly ID themselves, and the guy shot both of them dead on his own property. I bet he'd get the book thrown at him. Now that it looks like the cops f'ed up, they get paid leave and he's in the hospital recovering from 3 bullets. Man. I really don't like authority who have no place being there.

10. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

yeah, i like to live in fantasy land. we should all have a tub of pixie dust to go prancing around with

11. Y2kAccord

So if you were a cop and some guy is standing there with a gun, you identified yourself and told him to put the gun down 3 times.. after the 3rd time he points he guns at you.. you shoot him.

and this is the cops fault how? Its funny on OT how its cool to hate cops for doing their job

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Theirs a case like that being appealed now, cops doing a no knock warrent went into nieghboring apartment and guy who lived there shot and killed one of them I believe he was sentenced to death.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184992,00.html

13. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

That is the scariest shit about home invasions. The fact that it might be police officers.

Forcibly enter my home, and you're going to get shot.

14. CPipes

That is one of my biggest fears as it's almost a guaranteed lose/lose situation for the citizen. That guy has lived my nightmare :wtc: .

15. CPipes

The story said nothing about the cops identifying themselves.

16. Y2kAccord

The officers should annouce there presence. I do wonder on Dallas Swat when I watch it, why its needed to rip every window out and collaspe the roof to serve a warrent

17. Y2kAccord

I would assume they were in poilce uniforms and police cars... It didnt say that they didnt identify. I would believe that they would

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Even so someone kicks in your door at 4am screaming police, are you going to believe them? Especially if you've done no crime and have no reason to believe the police would be kicking in your door. Someone kicks in my door they're going to be on the recieving end of some .40 SXT's no matter what they're yelling.

19. Y2kAccord

I would say in that situation the 1911 would be locked and loaded too, it would tough to say, I would expect some flash greneades and all the good stuff

20. CPipes

I completely understand where your coming from with your thought process but we can't judge a man by assumptions, only on facts (which we will never have)

21. Y2kAccord

Its assumptions and we werent there.

22. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

[​IMG]

23. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

"Before winning the lottery, Swofford impregnated two co-workers and married one of them. The women were sisters.
    "After he won the lottery, he basically paid off one of the sisters to divorce him and she got a $5 million settlement to basically go away," DeForest said."

wtf...how does that have ANYTHING to do with the story..i'd sue for lible and defamation..fuck those guys. it happened right here, too :hsugh:

24. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Cops watch each others backs and care less about civilians than they do about their jobs sometimes. If a cop fucks up their buddies can cover for them. If a civilian fucks up and hurts a cop it's over for that civilian unless they have a rock solid defense. I don't hate cops and I don't think that they're all crooked but it does irritate me that it's so easy for them to overstep their bounds, fuck up and receive no repurcussions.

I know of a sheriff a while back who got piss drunk and crashed his car into a house. That sheriff was not charged with a crime. He did get fired...but he ended up getting a $500,000 severance package out of it. Then there was that instructor that someone posted about a few days ago who's student shot another student when they were practicing shooting at each other with "dud rounds". There was a similar incident in CO years ago when a swat instructor shot one of his students in the back of the head with an MP5. It was an accident so, as usual, the instructor got off. Stuff like that happens. A lot of times the media doesn't get ahold of it because the cops are the first ones to hear about it and they're the first on the scene :dunno:. Do you think anything would have come of the Rodney King beating if someone hadn't video taped it?

Cops are humans too. They can make human mistakes just like they can lose their temper and get violent. It wouldn't surprise me at all if those deputies never identified themselves before they shot the guy. You get caught up in the heat of the moment and things can happen REALLY fast. It's easy to forget little details like that or just assume that because you know you've got a badge or uniform on that the person you're trying to deal with should know too. That all ties in to the god complex thing, though.

25. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

:werd: