SRS Man, it must be breakup season.. :/

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BlackMagik, Sep 7, 2008.

1. BlackMagik

BlackMagik And now the robot starts to think...

Well guys, like a lot of other people out there lately it seems, I too just broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years just a few days ago. :wtc: I can't really describe how I feel about it any other way aside from just numbness. We were extremely close, and more or less spent most of our free time together, which I think possibly was one of the reasons our relationship started to flounder in the last 6 months. We had gotten into a fight over some stupid miniscule shit, and she told me she didn't love me anymore, which was a huge blow considering I loved her so much. Anyway, to make a long story short, we ended up staying together after that fight, but over the last 6 months you could tell things just weren't the same. She ended up visitng family in Japan in May, and came back 3 months later in early August. Then out of nowhere she decided she was going to go to a different college that's 6 hours up the road. So basicall she came back from Japan after 3 months, and then just 2 weeks after her return, left again for college. All in all, she instantly became a different person soon as she moved, she started partying all the time, and started calling me less and less. All she would talk to me about was coming up there to buy alcohol for her and her friends :ugh:

Anyway, we finally ended it on Wednesday, and we haven't talked since. I called her yesterday just to see what's up, and all she was concerned about was how we were going to handle our cell bill since its a family plan. So basically after 3 years, she easily flicks me off her shoulder because she "wants to live the college life". :rofl:

I'm not like omg devastated, since I am coping with the fact that she basically wants to whore it up in college, and I don't need that shit in my life anyway. I'm just a little shocked ya know?

Even if nobody reads all that, I feel better by just typing it all out. :hs:

2. BlackMagik

For the time being I'm going to college just 45 minutes from my house, but next year I'm moving away to a different university. Where I live right now sucks because I'm with my parents, and this really isn't a college town, so theres never anything to do. Next year though will be fun.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

you know, a relationship isn't about blaming eachother. You guys need to work together to solve problems. Whats shouting and being angry going to solve? Nothing. Just let everyone be with their own opinions, everyone has to figure out life for themselves, and instead of rejecting eachothers views, we need to listen,understand and just exchange views so that people can decide for themselves what views are correct for their own lives. Its about taking away the dissatisfactions that your partner has as wel as you have yourself, but when being together you have to come to friendly terms with that.

The best thing you can do is to always keep a certain distance, and just be nice to eachother. That worked much better between me and my Japanese partner :o

4. BlackMagik

I would normally fight for her back, but I think this time, I'm just gonna let it go. She really never showed me the same affection I showed her, and was always picking fights with me. Its just the small percentage of the time when she was nice, she was just super fucking nice, and I fell for her so hard.

5. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

i know about that numbness feeling, i just went through the same thing a week ago.

at first you feel numb like you couldnt care less about your relationship. but after a week all these thoughts pop up in your head about all the good memories you had with her and it will just drive you crazy. i didnt know how to cope with that so i started crying like crazy. all i can say is be prepared for those thoughts popping in your head throughout the day here and there.

6. BlackMagik

I know what you mean, I'm already getting random flashbacks that get me depressed as fuck. I really don't think its even hit me 100% on account of the fact that her shit is still all over my room, including pictures and clothes. I told myself I was going to collect all the shit and put it in a box, but I couldn't bring myself to go through that right now, so ill just do it when I'm ready.

In all honesty, I feel like I'm somewhat given a clean slate with life here. Although the last 3 years have been great in terms of being with someone I loved, I can't help but feel like my overal quality of life went down tremendously. When we started dating, I was in amazing shape, and was starting college. But I think the shock of having aserious relationship took its toll on me. I started to gain a SHITLOAD of weight, I put school on hold because I got an amazing job offer that turned out to be a bust. I started feeling really down on myself, and she wouldn't help either, often during fights calling me a loser and shit. Anyway, since the break up I have a new outlook on life, I can do whatever I want, talk to whoever I want, work out whenever I want, and I'm back in college. Overall, I'm just a giant ball of :hs: emotions right now.

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

It's break up season because college is starting up again.

You're young, and most young guys and girls want to meet people in college have fun, get drunk and get laid by random people.

You should be doing the same so you don't regret missing out later on in life.

You will meet other girls in your life.

8. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

yeah, it must be, my gf broke up with me 3 weeks ago. the first week sucked but i think i was sitll in denial about the whole thing and it didnt hit me that hard. after a while it hit me and it sucked, just like someone in this thread said you start to think about all the good times you had together and get depressed. im finally getting used to to not having her around a little bit tho, so things are getting better. i feel your pain man....sigh...time to start all over.

9. BlackMagik

Jesus, I hope it doesn't get any worse than this. But if it does, i'll handle. Like you said, time to start all over again. How fucking shitty.

10. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

In on this crew

About a month after I got dumped I went over to my parents house for dinner and couldn't stop crying. I cried for about 2 hours straight. It even both my mom and dad cry with me. The next week it was the same thing all over again. After that, I would get a little teary eyed while at work or just driving around. Now its been almost three months and I am doing much better.

11. Ari1979

Ari1979 New Member

Breakups arent that bad. Ive spent one week back at university and have met many girls. I've gotten a few numbers, a few hook ups, and a few girls i'm genuinely interested in.

It's been 1 month since me and my gf of 3 years split and it gets easier every day. :)

12. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

It does get easier over time, but I'm not going to lie to you dude, I still think about my ex and its been WAYY to long since we broke up lol. My best advice is for No Contact for a good while and no trying to be "friends" BS until both of you have gotten over each other.