Man, I fucked up my car on Tuesday

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jackhole, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I was doing my usual December detail and realized I was running out of time, but had only done DAC/P so far. So I decided that it would probably be good enough since my paint was already in good shape. I threw a coat of wax on it and went home. Looked great inside the bay with the flourescent lights on.

Well, I went to the supermarket today and looked at the car on my way out under the parking lot lights - :barf: The car is swirled to high heaven from the DAC/P. I'll go back up there on Tuesday and use the Swirl Free Polish and some VM, then re-wax. I'm assuming that will take care of it, it just pisses me off because it looks like ass.

:rant: :mad:

2. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

I had the same problem when I first used DACP. It's quite abrasive and moves a lot of paint. The swirl free polish really takes care of it, but like you said...It's an annoyance to go back to it.

Scottwax has been able to work DACP in so well that there was no need to do a SFP. I will get to that point someday.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you work DACP until it looks almost clear, you will get very little surface marring, even so I always follow DACP with Swirl Free, even though technically, I may not need to. I want to make sure I don't miss anything and Swirl Free adds more 'pop' to the paint.

5. Japs4eva

Japs4eva Guest

DACP can be applied by hand, right? My first time using it is coming up, how do i use it? and will i need the SFP? dammit, scottwax.. come clean my car!

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Yes, DAC/P can be applied by hand. Rub it back and forth (the way the wind flows over your car) over your paint in steady, firm movements. Work it in until it's almost clear and dry, then buff off. Yes, you'll need the SFP unless you want your paint to look like mine did until I fixed it.