GUN man arrested for theft of LEO's AR15

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Aug 25, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1320824&secid=1

August 24, 2006

Pueblo man arrested for assault rifle's theft

By ANSLEE WILLETT THE GAZETTE

A Pueblo County man has been arrested in connection with stealing an assault rifle that fell from a Colorado Springs police officer’s trunk three years ago, authorities said Thursday.

Aaron Dean Sisneros, 39, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of felony theft.

His father, Pueblo County Treasurer Aurelio Sisneros, was cited in July for making false statements to police when they questioned him about the AR-15 rifle.

The rifle, engraved with “Law Enforcement Only,” was recovered in August 2005 from the Sisneros home in Boone, east of Pueblo.

The AR-15 fell from Officer John Siegert’s trunk at night in August 2003

near The Citadel mall. The officer drove from the 3600 block of Citadel Drive North to the 700 block of Tia Juana Street, about a mile away.

The rifle was discovered missing when the officer arrived at the second location and noticed the trunk partially open, police said.

A witness told police he was driving north on Chelton Road just past Platte Avenue when he saw the officer’s trunk pop open and a black case fall out. He had turned around to pick up the 3½-foot-long case when an Oldsmobile stopped in the middle of the southbound lanes. The driver opened his door, grabbing the case without getting out, then sped away, the witness told police.

Officers got a tip in August 2005 that the gun might be at the Sisneros home. When they questioned Aurelio Sisneros at work about the gun, he said: “I might know something about it, and I might not,” according to his son’s arrest affidavit.

After police told him they knew he had the gun, he admitted it was at his home, the affidavit states.

Aaron Sisneros told police he thought the rifle case was “some type of tool or instrument” when he stopped to pick it up from the roadway, according to the arrest affidavit.

“He picked this item up and pulled over a few blocks away,” the affidavit states. “When he looked inside, he saw it was a rifle.”

Aaron Sisneros told police he then called his dad, who told him to bring the rifle home, the affidavit states.

“Aaron Sisneros said he became aware that this gun belonged to a cop probably a few months later,” the affidavit states.

When police asked why he didn’t turn in the gun, he told police he didn’t trust the judicial system, the affidavit states.

Aurelio Sisneros, who is up for re-election this year, told police his son saw the case fall from the officer’s trunk and thought it was a musical instrument, maybe a trombone, the affidavit states.

“(Aurelio Sisneros) thought about turning it in but was afraid that he or Aaron would be pinned for a theft charge. He thought the best thing would be to just hold onto it and stored the gun to get it out of circulation,” the affidavit states.

“He felt uncomfortable about having the gun in his house and he said at some point, he thought about getting rid of the gun and said that his plans were to go and bury it.”

2. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

What a pair of jerkoffs. And they trust him with county money?

3. Accord

Accord New Member

"law enforcement only" :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes:

4. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

That would have been a lot more intelligent.

5. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I am fucked if I have to shoot someone with my SW :( Not only is it police....but military :wtc:

6. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Just say that you bought the weapon because the police use weapons that maximize safety and minimize the chance of innocent bystanders being harmed and that you prescribed the amount of force necessary in fear for your life.

but then they'll throw you in jail when they see your 1911 - cops hate faggots

*ba-zing*

7. 1BadZ

1BadZ Uber :Aug2000: GM Nazi

Like they say: "If they were any smarter, they wouldn't be criminals."

8. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

My AR15 says "US Property" :noes:

9. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

Good to know somebody snitched on him, seems like alot of snitching for gun ownership latley.