Male hormonal contraception can be reversed within a few months, a study has found.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by marauder, Apr 28, 2006.

1. marauder

marauder New Member

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

How many women would trust their bodies to a man?

That being said, I think it's awesome and I hope this becomes more mainstream soon. I'd be feeding my husband the pills or going with him to the doctor for the shots (I don't know how it would be delivered).

3. marauder

marauder New Member

I don't know you would have to be trusting, guess it goes both you could say the same for the pill and women couldn't you?
    :ugh: That would kinda freak me out if I was on it and had a partner do that. :noes:
    I do see your point though :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  4. DagoRcR

DagoRcR OT Supporter

oh fucks yes

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Not really. A woman is in control of her fertility by taking the pill (or choosing not to). A woman is going to be the one who physically takes responsibility for that. If a man is in charge of the contraception, he isn't going to be the one who goes through the abortion or pregnancy ;)

6. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Will be great if this hits the shelves any time soon (ie 2-3 years rather than 20-30 years). I'll probably be ready to have kids by the time it becomes available tho :rofl:

7. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Be prepared to get fat, moody and lose your sex drive! :ugh:

8. marauder

marauder New Member

:noes:
    Well I wouldn't take it till it had been around for a few years and see how it goes. You wouldn’t want a chance of going infertile from it at all or anything.

9. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

My pill (Yasmin) made me lose weight, get bigger boobs, clear my skin AND made my periods lighter. :dunno:

10. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

At least it gives another option to guys who have experienced the "pregnancy trap". I say the more options for all, the better!!

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I absolutely agree. I'm just saying that (even though I'm married) I don't know how much I would trust contraception solely to my husband considering *I* will be the one getting pregnant if he screws it up.

12. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

One of my friends has always said "birth control is the girl's responsibility" and refused to wear a condom. If she fell pregnant he didn't want to know about it.

Personally I'd feel at least partially responsible :mamoru:

If you really didn't want kids then having both the guy and girl on hormonal BC would be pretty sure-fire.

13. please. when men are able to take this unplanned pregnancies will be a thing of the past. ;)

14. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

This will be great for college, no more worrying about the drunk chick "oh, yeah im on bc"

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rofl: Most men can't seem to wear a condom to save their life (literally with AIDS and all of the other STIs out there) let alone to prevent a pregnancy. What makes you think they'd be willing to take a pill every day and suffer the side effects from it?

16. Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim New Member

I dont know how well this going to work, or not a short term immediate fix anyway.

Reason being with vasectomy's a lot of time they will have seminal tests months later and there will still be sperm present in the ejaculate. I have seen over 6 months still with the odd occasional sperm. Rarely alive at that point in term, but I guess there would still be cases were pregnancy could still occur a couple months afterwards.

I dont know how this method works though? Dont know if its immune mediated or similar?

I guess the female pill isnt perfect anyway.

17. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

Any kind of side effects from this? The names of the hormones have already frightened me. I don't want to sprout tits or anything just from trying to prevent the production of sperm in my balls.

18. Sandlapper

Sandlapper Nothing is Finer, than Carolina!

God I can't wait for this to come out.

19. hondaluva

hondaluva likes free hugs...

this is how i pretty much feel about it.

but who knows, this could prove to be reliable from the get go.

20. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Not at all. I was in a clinical trial for the injectable type at the University of Washington. Part of the injection is Testosterone.

A viable marketable male contraceptive is WAY off for the United States anyway. They are looking to use it in underdeveloped countries first.

21. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

:noes:
    I'll have to talk with my doctor about it.