TAT Male/female complementing tattoos

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Vector, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Vector

Vector New Member

I've been considering an upper back tattoo and my wife a lower back one. Ideally, we'd like them to somehow complement each other. Now before that comes off sounding cheesy, I'm not talking about getting each other's names on them or something like that...I mean something where both tattoos are completely individual to the point that nothing would weird if, God forbid, we ever split (although I've been with her long enough to believe this won't ever be the case) -- but also such that if you saw us next to each other, it'd be apparent that the tattoos go together.

Thoughts have been as simplistic as possibly us getting the same tattoo. Obviously no issues with that plan being complementary. Or possibly very closely matched patterns but with subtle color differences. Also possibly something that could be upright on my back and inverted on hers (I see a lot of men's tattoos seem to have a slight V shape whereas women's have the inverse, an A-shape if you will).

But I also had other, more random thoughts like - a landscape with some sky scene on my back and the land below on hers, or something more geek (we're pretty techy/geeky) like putting the Space Invaders player's ship with a shot fired on her back and some of the invading aliens on mine (we would never do this last idea -- too random and goofy -- but this is the sort of thing I'm trying to get ideas for).

Anybody ever done anything complementary like this? Ideas?

I've never had a tattoo or any other form of body mod, so I'm on uncharted ground. Definitely appreciate any thoughts.

2. Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher Active Member

My wife and her ex got matching tattoos, a dragon wrapped around their respective arm. She got more work done to it to sort of cover it up after we started going out(on her own accord, it didn't bother me)

3. XTREME COCKSUCKER

XTREME COCKSUCKER New Member

Tattoos are the kiss of death for any relationship.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Don't do that.. It's curse/jinx

5. Vector

Vector New Member

Really? Had no idea. Old superstition type thing?

6. XTREME COCKSUCKER

XTREME COCKSUCKER New Member

Not superstition man. I know a good handful of people with tattoos dedicated to loved ones. Only one of those people is still with the person the tattoo is for.

7. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i had a friend get a tattoo of a girls name on his leg the day after he met her. they werent even dating yet.. he also had other stupid tattoos like a garbage can, and a carls jr sign, his friends signatures etc..

she thought it was funny, i doubt they are still together but he said if they ever broke up he'd just get an axe tattood like it was cutting her name. lol.

8. tehganj

tehganj oh, hi.

:werd:

9. Vector

Vector New Member

But again, my point is specifically to not have the tattoos relate to us or to our relationship (no dedications, no hearts, no names, no "I love blah blah whatever")...just something where the art kind of goes together.

10. tehganj

tehganj oh, hi.

no matter what, when she fucks 5 black guys and you break up.. that tattoo will remind you of just that, broseidon.

11. Smiker89

Smiker89 New Member

you want something that subtlety goes with each persons tattoo, and when people see u both together they'll be like "awww i get it now!".

why not get something like a sun and a moon kinda thing. yeh its a lame example but thats all i could come up with

12. Vector

Vector New Member

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm after.

As for the relationship/break-up worries, I tend to live in the present, not fear the future. If I ever had to cross the 5 black guy bridge, I would figure out wtf to do then I think.

13. Smiker89

Smiker89 New Member

then you have millions of possibilities to chose from. I'm just speaking from perspective here, but everytime i get a tattoo i make sure its completely unique and represents me and my personality perfectly, it makes it much more satisfying everytime i walk out of a parlour.

14. Memor

Memor Active Member

That's a lot easier to say than to do but I know what you mean. Either way people are just trying to say that there are a trillion ways to express love/dedication/intimacy with your SO than permanently altering the way your body looks. I'd put this idea on the back burner for a couple months, then revisit it and see how you feel.

15. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt New Member

get chalk and cheese

16. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Your thinking something like you: tree & her: bird
    Something that can stand on it's own but fit together also?

17. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

My wife and I have inside jokes. Here's an example: I'm her bear, she's my baby giraffe. Those would be tattoos that we could get of each other that would alone work fine. They wouldn't really make an obvious match to anyone who didn't know the story.

The story, by the way, is that we were at Zoo Atlanta, and they had a kid's exhibit that had pictures of baby animals on a wall, for kids to compare their height to the baby's height. There was a baby giraffe, which was about 5' 10", my wife's height, when she stood next to it.

If you're going to do it, come up with something that means something.