Male Birth Control Question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by HuskiRuski, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

So from what I've heard, (preliminary) male birth control is usually based on changing the amount of testosterone a body produces. This hormonal approach is sure to cause side effects, similar to how playing with estrogen levels in women can lead to weight gain, mood swings, etc. I've also heard that staying on male birth control for extended periods of time (several years) can lead to sterility.

Anyway, I learned recently that the vagina is acidic, for hygeinic purposes. This acid would kill all sperm, but the testes (or some part of the male sexual anatomy) produces some sort of enzyme that temporarily protects the sperm from acid in the vagina. Sorry for the haziness in this part, but it's from an article that I skimmed last week and now can't locate.

Couldn't researchers come up with some sort of drug that blocks this enzyme from being produced? This method seems like it would be much less prone to side-effects, both short and long term.

Thoughts?

2. Reign

Reign Banned

I'm not a scientist, I couldn't tell you. The only studying of vaginas I do is with my penis and sometimes mouth.

3. teep

teep New Member

male birth control is convenient in theory, but i wouldn't want to fuck with my hormones or have my boys swimming retarded for any period of time. but that's just me :dunno:

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I've heard that they were working on a valve sort of thing that you would get implanted. It would be like a vasectomy, but a valve that you are able to open or close depending.

I do not believe male birth control will be hormonal, I think they have decided that it's just too much to deal with and too much to mess up. (from what I have heard)

5. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

love this double standard. :squint:

6. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

There have been case studies of using various steroids (AAS) as forms of male birth control. Typically if you increase your testosterone levels past a certain point your fertility level decreases but as the studies show it's not very effective at all. Also, I can't count the number of guys who knocked up their old ladies while on tons of shit.

cliffs: it's easier to stop one egg than 1000's of sperm, those fucks are stubborn!. There are no babies in the butt.

7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Yeah, it sucks. :hs: But you don't have to be on hormonal BC :dunno:

Like GT said, it is easier to stop one egg than 1,000 sperm.

8. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Vasectomy FTMFW!:bigthumb:

9. Franco

Franco New Member

Yea. those guys knocked their old ladies up. :hsugh:

10. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

qft