Male birth control pills v.will you take them

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by eskarinna, Nov 9, 2007.

?

Would you take male contraceptive pills

1. Yes I would

92 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. Yes, only if she had a valid medical reason not to

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Will rather persue another BC method

12 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. No f*n way its the girls responsibility to pop the pill

13 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

After all the topics about unwanted pregnancies and contraceptives we have had lately around here I would like to poll the guys of vag. I remember seeing this in a magazine before when they first started working on male BC pills.

If we assume the male BC pill would have the same side effects as the girls version (weight gain, stroke, unwanted hair grow or hair lost, clears the skin from acne etc), then would you take the pill if your gf refused to or was unable to due to health issues.

Edit: talking about male hormonal contraceptive

2. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

hell yes. to be honest ive been considering having some of my sperm frozen and getting a vasectamy (sp? )

regardless. if i wasnt italian and didnt look forward to a big family so much i would have it done. but a pill? hell yes.

3. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

guy on pill, girl on pill and condom for a triple threat :noes:

4. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

guy on pill, girl on pill and condom for a triple threat :noes:

5. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3543478/

soon :bigthumb:

6. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

guy on pill, girl on pill, condom, anal for a quadrupal threat :run:

7. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

don't forget pulling out makes it even 5 times safer :p

8. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

i just sent the link to my ex ( whom i still make sexy time with ) :bowdown:

9. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

honestly though that is really cool.

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I wouldn't :noes:

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Heh, I'm not the one who gets prenant and has to carry a baby for 9 months or face the idea of abortion.

Why would I take a pill with crazy side effects when getting pregnant isn't something I have to worry about?

I love being a man.

12. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Depends on the side-effects, but sure... Although I'm not really that into my g/f taking the stuff either...

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

18 years

14. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm too gangsta for that.

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

As sad as it is this was my reasoning to, that and I see it as almost a tax for being such uber bitches to us men 7 days out of the month.

I am thankful that our sex doesn't have to worry about all that crap, and that women got stuck with all of it :coolugh:

If men experienced all the stuff that women have to deal with by nature and all the things that result from the natural stuff this planet would be a hell of a lot less populated.

16. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle *lube'n up the shock paddles*

So you are saying you have no claim to your child? That if you got a girl pregnant it would be completely up to her what to do with YOUR child.

Please go sterilize yourself right now if this is your view on your offspring.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

i'd consider it if it werent still so experimental, i suppose.

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

Don't put words in my mouth.

Don't worry, though, the double standard here flips when it comes to actually HAVING THE BABY.

You, the woman, get to make the choice whether it lives or dies. I, the man, do not get a choice. If you have it, I have to pay for it.

So please, I'm glad I at least have THIS much. I'm never taking birth control. Ever.

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Would a male pill even have those types of side effects? All a pill would have to do to a guy is sterilze him which can't be to hard IMO (I'm not a doctor though, as hard as it is to beleive). Where as the pill for women has to do a hell of a lot more, or at least is a lot more complicated then just killing off the production of semen, it effects you cycles, hormones, everything.

A guy doesn't have a time of the month, so he would be able to just take the pill indefinitely right?

20. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

from what i understand there will be 2 different types of bc hormonal and non hormonal. With taking hormones no matter what you take them for or what gender you are, you enforce new hormonal balance in your body. Each hormone has a contracting one. If you intake more of one then your body produces less of the other. Side effects depends on which hormones are affected how. Certain hormones affect hair grow, other affect metabolism, etc etc. If a guy takes estrogen he can even develop breasts and stop having facial hair. If a woman takes testosterone we grow facial hair and can look pretty scary (arnold in a wig).

The way hormonal birth control usually work is it affects the reproductive system by introducing higher values of a hourmon so it becomes impossible to conceive (or produce sperm) that means it will in fact cause somewhere in the male body to tilt the scales of your natural balance.

if your balance is responsible for how males differ from females chances are breaking that balance will result in unwanted side effects as with women.

taking any hormones increases the risk of stroke because spikes in hormones in your blood can cause your blood vessels to react (shrink or expand) mainly because adrenaline and nor adrenaline are hormones as well, and because there are so many hormones responsible for your brain function that misbalanced can cause an issue. Smoking increases the risk due to the fact that nicotine contracts blood vessels.

21. BradUF

BradUF Guest

My doctor won't allow me to take anything that will mess with my blood pressure.

22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Yeah this is why I said no. If it is a hormonal thing I'm not going anywhere near it. Unless one of the side effects was increaste Test, then I would consider it. Otherwise FUCK NO

23. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

Thats understandable and it is the smartesting when it comes to your health. Next question would you force your gf to take the pill or would you let her choose an alternate method if she felt the same way about hormones.

24. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

:rofl: if my boyfriend had the same reaction as most of the males in this thread I'd just say fuck it, I don't need hormonal bc either.. have fun double-bagging it for the rest of our relationship.

25. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

actualy the majority said yes -18 only 2 said NO and 1 said we will go a different way

btw ask him ^^