COMIC Making your own Anime Collection?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by necox, Feb 14, 2005.

1. necox

necox Guest

Hey there!

i got almost all the anime and anime feuature film u could want! but its all on my PC, so i bougth some Write able CD´s and some DVD covers, a label writer, and i all my files are .avi or OGG, and now i just need to burn them.

here is where i got a problem! how to make the files viewable on DVD? do i hafta convert to VCD? because that quality is really bad. is there soem über MPEG DVD codec thats really fast, makes the Files a reasonalbe size, and good quality? how do you guys do? its cool if it could be ok quality and still fairly fast to do, as i got over 100gb of Movies, Series, Trailers and specials that i need to convert. im going to put effort into making it good, and viewable but i have to be doen with it before the end of the year aswell :mamoru:

Thanks
    Rune.

2. kansaroucoo-1

kansaroucoo-1 New Member

hello are you on?

3. seven

seven New Member

i don't know how economical it would be to put all your episodes on DVD, you would need a lot of DVD's as they can hold only soo much DVD data. I just store all my files on the DVD's as plain data, like 25 episodes worth fit. then i hook my comp up to my TV and watch. Perfect resoultion.

Btw... What anime have you found OGC files for? all i can find is escaflowne, eva, and blue gender on that format. i want to find more.

4. inferno8ball

inferno8ball 190 proof Everclear + MD Amped energy d

www.videohelp.com will aid u.

right now i ahve made my own dvds for elfen lied, gundam see, hellsing, cowboy bebop.

i also have the whole hbo spawn series on dvd, every transformers episode, and batman the animated series on dvd. i like putting the stuff on dvd. right now im working on putting witch hunter robin on dvd.

5. necox

necox Guest

yeah im online.

And i got a few full length movies in OG format, Perfect Blue and Patlabor is the first that comes to my mind. Thanks for the Link Inferno.

dont think about economical situations. and what is it? 5 gb pr. DVD? and then 100 GB? thats only 50 DVD´s. and its like 30 $ for 5... so thats.. wait thats alot of money! hehe

6. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

7. necox

necox Guest

thanks

8. necox

necox Guest

so that means the DVD can playback on .avi and OGG files directly? al long as they have DivX format? whoa!

9. Yoritomo

Yoritomo dad's jar chimer

Buy an Xbox, Modify it, Load up XBMC. Watch all your stuff in the original format.

10. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

:ugh2:

xbox + modchip = $200 + labor

phillips box top divx player = $50

11. Sito

Sito Each To Their Own

Both things work, obviously the dvd player is cheaper, but with the xbox you can do much more than just watch divx movies. Also the Phillips divx player can't play ogg or other formats whereas the xbox w/xbox media center can.
    But either of those two are probably the best choices around.

Also the xbox modding process isn't terribly hard. Xbox-scene Has all the tutorials and stuff you need right from physically installing the chip to all the software mods. Anyone with a level head can do it.

12. Yoritomo

Buy a used one &119 + $35 for chip

Do it yourself = $154

Besides the fact that your little philips Divx player is going to have trouble with plenty of Xvid encodes (qpel motion became default in 1.03 I believe), and thee little 60 dollar player isn't going to play it.

Probably doesn't play ogg format (the only ones I know of that do are the Kiss players and they're a little more expensive)

Have fun wasting 60 bucks.

:ugh2: :slap:

13. kansaroucoo-1

kansaroucoo-1 New Member

is antone on here?

14. kansaroucoo-1

kansaroucoo-1 New Member

any one***

15. Malghanim

Malghanim My wee wee has been Stricken with Rigor Mortis

This is interesting!! Damn I wish I knew more about this shit!

16. The Mighty Megatron

The Mighty Megatron Secondborn of the best drummer known to man

If I remember correctly (it's been over a year), but when my brother ripped the GITS torrent to dvd, i think he used something to convert it to .ISO and then ripped it. :dunno:

It works in my DVD player and PS2, tho. And fuck wasting money on modding an Xbox. Too much to pay for the labor costs alone. And trust me, I've modded my fair share of systems (DC, PS1, PS2, I even helped my brother mod the fuck out of an SNES so we wouldn't have to buy the Gold Finger cartridge), it is a SERIOUS bitch to even open an Xbox, and since almost all of the components are wired to eachother, if you fuck one thing up, you'd be better off buying another box, because it costs a fuck of a lot to fix that shit.

I'd say go with shelling out whatever it takes to get a good file converter program, switch one file to Region 1 format, and see if it comes out okay. If not, return the program, tell the company to suck a sour dick, and THEN try modding the Xbox.

Happy working!

17. Sito

Sito Each To Their Own

:ugh2:

:rofl: xbox=computer. Opening the xbox is hard? Know how to use a screw driver? Get the torx driver and you're set, unless you try opening it some other way :ugh: If You have computer know how you can mod an xbox. Also soldering in the xbox is infinitely easier than in the ps2, hell you can even get the non solder chip for xbox, same goes for ps2, but its easier w/the xbox. Xbox modding isn't hard, if you half a brain and can follow instructions you can do it.

18. Yoritomo

Alright guys go ahead and convert everything to mpeg 2 vobs then burn them on CDs. We're trying to give you a viable alternative that will work WITH ALL YOUR FILES, and costs very little money. Is it the only solution? No, but it is the best and easiest one.

154 bucks will save you thousands of computing hours converting all your shows and burning them to hundreds of DVDs and CDs.

19. necox

necox Guest

uh nuh! no i dont know what to do! buhuu! i just want to watch my stuff on a DVD player after taking a DVD out of a little box with labels on and fine cover art... you know.. like the ones you buy in stores? heheheh (irony)

i just wanted to know if there was a format that could spare me time... but apearently not..