making the tires shiny.....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Lempdoe, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Lempdoe

Lempdoe gettin while the gettin's good

scott, what do you recommend?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Myself, I use the Amor All Xtreme Tire Shine. I just spray it on kinda thick and leave it. It gets them REAL SHINY!

3. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

meguiars high endurance high gloss tire gel.
    or if you find the high gloss is too much for your taste (some people think it looks cheesy) use the natural shine one.

4. LBKornhusker

LBKornhusker Muscular cyborg German dude dances with sexy Frenc

Well, Meguiar's has regular and high shine gloss gel, so pick your poison. I go with the high gloss, because shiny tires finish off any great looking car. The only bad thing is I've heard that the gel can make the tire belts separate if you don't wash off the tires first. So don't just go out on a dirty car and slap that stuff on. Better safe than sorry.;) :p

5. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

:bigthumb:

6. Lempdoe

Lempdoe gettin while the gettin's good

is that the purple stuff?

7. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

yes

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Actually, I mix 50/50 Armor All and Meguiars W Dressing-because the W dressing is too thick to easily spray into the edge of truck tires and the Armor All cuts it enough to do so. It also has more of a natural shine-Personally, I think the paint should shine more than the tires.

Also, with the combination I use, it doesn't build up the way that the Endurane gel does (which I despise by the way-not cost effective, too thick to use on truck tires, and if you use it on a windy day, you end up with dust all over your tires).

BTW, the commercially available equivalant to W Dressing is the Rubber and Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner that Meguiars sells.

9. Polerbear

Polerbear Guest

Why tires when rims are far more noticable.

But I dont really keep my vehicles clean.. to have my tires shine.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

The meguiar's stuff works well for me. Seems to last a lot longer than anything else that I have used.

11. BenzRenntechE74rs

BenzRenntechE74rs New Member

is that black magic stuff any good?

12. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

My Dad uses it-he likes his tires real shiny. Personally, I don't. I like the satin black you get from Meguiars or Armor All.

13. ParTyBoy

ParTyBoy New Member

What you have to do is scrub the sidewalls real good.. I mean really good.. get a stiff short brush and go to work with a bucket of soap and water.. then spray the tire with armor all... let it sit for 30 min...wipe it.. come back spray it again... wait 30.. wipe it...then one last time.... and do a final wipe...

Example... ever buy a set of windshield wipers... they come with a little alchohol swab to clean the rubber... reason why is because there's a shiat load of dirt build up...

Less dirt build up = more shine...

14. RedDemonSA

RedDemonSA Guest

:stupid:

15. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Yeah, that's what I use. Pretty easy to get ahold of the stuff. The only problem is when you're spraying onto your tires, hold a towel or something over your wheels, or clean your wheels after you spray the tires. The spray on wheels makes them attract dust and dirt like white on rice.

Plus Black Magic has the added benefit of smelling cool, too! Like cherries, I think. :bigthumb:

16. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

I'm liking the Eagle One Wet aerosol spray

17. addifan

addifan Guest

All the tire stuff I use seems to make my tires turn a little brown (or at least a LITTLE discolored). Even the Meguires tire gel...

18. dippedBLAZER

dippedBLAZER Guest

i use armor all...it sprays on fast

19. I still use super seal on my tires. I love it when some little kid leans up against my tire to peer into my wheel well and comes away with a giant black imprint of the mickey thompson sidewall on his shirt.

20. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

Black Magic, booooo....It makes your tires shine, but it takes a long time to dry, (like someone said it dirties your tires) and it also leaves a delicious black-to-the-touch filmy residue that you can see up close. I know it sounds stupid, but if you don't want your tires to shine, just want that uniform flat black, spray on simple green and wipe, rpt. It will look horrible until it dries, but it dries into a nicely constant look.

21. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Yeah, it does the same to my tires. I'm not hurting the tires by using a tire dressing, am I?

22. addifan

addifan Guest

:dunno:

23. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Another tire dressing tip I wanted to share: Try Westley's Bleche-Wite (available at most automotive places), before applying your tire dressing of choice. This will clean all the crap off your tires before dressing them. Road spray, old dressing, brake dust, etc.

I find that most people are using it wrong, using it as a tire dressing rather than a cleaner, which it is. Makes whitewalls look brand new, too!