TAT Making the leap

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by eelliiss, Aug 22, 2006.

1. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

Was there a particular moment of truth where those you with tattoos and/or piercings that are highly visible said, "Fuck it, I'm gonna do this..." ???

Curious as to everyone's response. For some, it seems like it wouldn't really matter because of their profession may actually lend to them making the decision to do so. But I'm sure there are those of you out there that are living perceivably contrasting lives in and outside of work.

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I got my facial piercings at a time when i knew i had the chance to do it since later on I wouldn't be able to get anything. I used to work for my university in late night housing patrol and we had no dress code. college kids with green hair and nose rings and stretched ears were the only weirdos willignot do the job. I got my lip and nose done then knowing that withing the next year or two I'd have to be able to take out my jewelry without the piercings closing up on me. Now i work in an office that won't allow facial piercing (they don't care about my ears since they aren't too noticable). I hide my septum ring and take out my lip ring everyday.

I wish I could say "fuck it" and get a sleeve and wear my jewelry, but that's not the world we live in and certainly not part of the profession i intend to be a part of. SO I'll continue to get things that I can hide and live two separate lives.

3. joy division

joy division New Member

I have nothing visible, been getting tattoos for over 6 years now.

Nothing to do with profession right now, I don't like to show them to anyone...they are just for me.

The way I'm heading (photography) a visible tattoo isn't that taboo...when I'm shooting some family and kids it would be strange (and would have to be covered), when I'm shooting a band it works in my favor...I won't be shooting familys forever.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I was about 3 years into my piercing profession when I got my forearms tattooed. I just realized at that point that I was going to be in the tattoo/piericng community for a long time to come and figured I could just cover up with long sleeves if I needed to. 1.5 years later I got my neck (collarbone right up behind my ear and onto my head) tattooed and thats when I 100% realized I didn't care what people thought anymore.

5. Ratstink

Ratstink Ink & Iron

my first tattoo I got when I was 19 - right on my forearm - I have a lot of family members that have tattoos so I didn't grow up thinking it was taboo. Almost ten years later my arms have a decent amount of ink on them but none below the wrist. I've been working in the office world for years now, but the company I've been with for the last 6 months is the most conservative place yet, no one here knows I have any tattoos. It sucks on hot ass days when everyone is walking around in short sleeve shirts and I'm sweating my balls off, but I live in Seattle - it's only an issue for a couple of months. Aside from work I don't give a squirt of piss who thinks what about it.

I really want my neck and hands done but I have no idea when that will be possible. been doing the office work for so long, it's the best way for me to make money and I got a family so I can't exactly say fuck it. someday it'll happen, I still have a lot of other skin to cover in the interim.

6. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

Those are interesting responses from everyone.

I'm in real estate, so pretty much the second I walk out the door and am put in a social situation I am marketing myself. Everyone is a potential client. So certainly, I find myself wearing long sleeves for a vast majority of the time outside of the comforts of my own home. I live in the heart of Texas, so you can only imagine how hot it gets down here.

It's kinda funny though when you've been acquainted with office mates or clients for such a long period of time without them knowing how you look when you're in normal attire. They only know the professionalism you've exuded from the times that you've had to deal with them. They all of sudden see you somewhere and are all [​IMG]

7. Phantom Empress

story of my life.

People see me out of work and freak out. Make up, piercings, different clothes all together, my hair is different. :mamoru:

8. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Mine are for the most part covered and on the smaller side. I got them for me, so I don't care if other people who MIGHT see them like them or not.

I work in an office and I have gotten the :cool: when I've been seen outside of work.

I wanted a tattoo begining about age 16 but didn't get the first one until I was 26.

9. TheOutlawTorn

TheOutlawTorn New Consequence Machine

Tattoos were never thought of in my family. Out of my entire family, I'm the only one that has them. (Step dad excluded, but his are all faded and shit..). I started with my upper arms and then just decided to get a wrist piece. Wasn't a major decision. It just happened. I have it placed where I can cover it with long sleeves if I need to look professional. But I don't care who sees them because they are a part of me. Eventually people are going to find out if I was to be professional, and by then I'll have established myself as a honest hardworking professional individual and they won't judge me soley on how my arms are tattooed.

10. Suicide Pinai

Suicide Pinai flawed if i'm not free

i want new pics of you, asap

when i got my labret piercing it was kind of out of rebellion. i always wanted it, but i was always held back by family and my ex. and at that time i went through a bad breakup with my ex and my family was on vacation...so i thought - hell...i can finally do whatever i want

its been quite some time now and i still have my labret in and i love it :) its never interfered with work, im an auction driver and work at forever 21. rules say im not supposed to have it in, but ive kept it in because the managers never cared

but im changing jobs and my current bf isnt a fan of piercings so i plan on taking it out...i got the piercing because i knew that at this time in my life that i was in control and that in a year or 2 id be taking it out and it would be perfectly fine with me

11. Phantom Empress

search, I have my most recent in the FS post you pics thread 3 -4 pages from the end.