SRS Making peace with my twin

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Alexqzilla, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hi, I'm Alex

I grew up with my sister two years ahead of me in school. She always made excellent grades, I did poorly. I've never lived up to any of her achievements and I've been passionately jealous of her my entire life. Over time, I allowed my jealousy to turn to hate, and that hate has fed on every aspect of my life.

I am getting ready to save goodbye to being a teenager, and as I begin the next section of my life, I want to work out this unresolved issue. It's been holding me back and suppressing all the potential I feel trying to come out.

In order to truly succeed out here, I must put the past behind me and eliminate the hate that I've allowed to turn me into an angry bitter underachiever. I want to leave the old Alex in my past, so I can move forward with my future.

I moved out from Georgia about a year ago, a lot of it had to do with me not wanting to be in the same house with her, because whenever she was around I would find myself getting angry, and I was depressed.

Yesterday I got enough money together to buy a Greyhound ticket to Georgia, and I should be there before my (our) birthday. I turned down a temp-to-hire job offer because I'll be traveling to Georgia. I don't think I can explain in a better way why this pilgrimage is more than a trip to Disneyland, but I'm afraid fi I don't, I won't be able to succeed and move forward in my life.

I can't keep hating my twin sister, it's not right :ugh2:

Do you think it's possible for me to honestly make peace with her, and if I can, do you think it's too late for me to be a positive thinker who kicks ass?
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson Active Member OT Supporter

Oct 11, 2002
    Well that's going to be a long ride! It'll give you quite a bit of time to think about this. Maybe while you're on the way you can give her a call and just talk, let them know you're coming, etc. but be sure to sound positive and upbeat. As long as you keep thinking positive things it'll make it much easier.