WEB making my website visible to google..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mark alan, Sep 29, 2008.

1. mark alan

mark alan New Member

again excuse my lack of knowledge about hosting a website, but this is probably a somewhat simple question. i want to make my portfolio visible on google. it's markalandesign.com, but even if i type that into google nothing comes up. what can i do?

edit: hm, well i just tried it and it DID come up. but just for the sake of understanding, what steps should one take to become more visible to search engines? like if i wanted to type in "mark alan design" and see my site on the first page, what should i do to help the chances of that happening?

2. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

3. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  4. andyf

andyf New Member

yes, you need to go through few SEO articles and will have to work hard for it. I am sure your site will get index and thus may rank better if you try to get backlinks for your site. also you should try to add unique content for your site. You need to do onpage and offpage optimization.... Most important " Keep Patience " and work hard on SEO ;)
    your portfolio site dont have much content, try to write unique and helpful content for your site.

All the Best :)