making my own speaker panels *pics*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by M-1000, Sep 2, 2003.

1. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

the idea

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

template i used, mounted it on some poster board

[​IMG]

building

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  2. 04

04 Guest

I did something similar in my dad's explorer. We wanted to put a 5.25" coax in the factory 6x8" spot. So I bought some .25" thick mdf and fabricated an adaptor plate out of that :)

3. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

well i put them in today, but ran into a few snags along the way. first, i had to trim down the corners of the MDF to make them fit properly, second, i didnt realize that the plastic screws for part of the door panel (that are fucking useless) were in the way of the speaker surround, well i found that out the hard way after i put a hole in the surround. patched it with some superglue. i got lazy and said fuckit on trimming the edges on the driver door mdf plate so the bottom right corner or the door panel doesnt make a complete seal with the door frame. i will fix that some other day. corrected that on the passenger side, and it fits fine.

they dont sound that bad, playing godsmack made the whole dash vibrate :eek3:. if i turn the bass up it starts to sound like ass, but thats why i have subs on the way. cant expect everything from entry level competition speakers.

edit: bass is at a moderate level and it makes my seat shake, so its not too bad :hs: