Making My Car Look As Good As Possible For Pictures

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by aGENT 39, Aug 27, 2002.

1. aGENT 39

aGENT 39 You two crossed swords during your threesome... Ac

I'm a senior in high school this year and with that I have to have my senior pictures taken this year. For a few of these I'm having them taken with my car (Black 1998 Acura Integra). What can i do to make my car look as good as possible? What should I do in the next few days other than washing, and waxing that will make my car look amazing for my pictures. I have the S100 wax but is there something I should do before applying it? Usually i just wash my car with Meguiars Gold Class wash the wheels with wheel cleaner and the apply the S100. What else should i do? I want my car to look amazing. Scottwax I saw the pictures of the blue TL in your post about S100 what all did you do to the car while detailing it (wash, wax, ect....) and what did you use it looks amazing.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I would do the following:

Wash car with your usual car wash soap
    Clay the car with Clay Magics clay bar (just follow the directions, it's real easy to do).
    Polish with either 3Ms or Meguiars Swirl remover to get rid of any minor swirls and scratches.
    Polish with the S100 Paint Cleanser (it has a finer polish than a swirl remover and will add more depth and gloss).
    Wax twice with S100. Wax once, wait about an hour to make sure the first layer is well cured, then wax a second time.

This is probably going to take you about 3-5 hours depending on how fast you are, but as long as you follow all the manufacturer's directions, you paint should glow like it is radioactive.

Post the pics when you get them back.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Are you recommending the S100 paint cleanser instead of the Meguiar's #7 for a good polish?

Also, you said to use two coats of S100. I'm going to use up my can of #26 before I buy the S100. Should I be using two coats of the #26? What's the advantage of using two coats rather than one?